Items for Sale by Club Members & Friends > Wanted to Buy

A/C 1980 C3

<< < (2/4) > >>

blackleroy44:
 Got in touch with vintage Sales this morning sirfixalot USA, and your right re the recirculating air, as far as kit goes they now do one for my model Corvette.
I’m still talking to them re other matters but I think I will go ahead and order.
I’m advised it will take a number of months to land here in Aus
Thanks again

sirfixalot:
Take your time taking everything out there are a couple of bolts which hold inner to outer halves of heater, ac box which are a bit of a challenge. Someone will be looking for the parts that you don't need. Seal the ends of parts to save ingress of dirt or moisture.

blackleroy44:
Thanks for info. Ordered kit from Retro spares in Melbourne this morning

blackleroy44:
Spoke to person that fitted one to Mustang, he said he changed something or other to allow a bit of fresh air to come in but he said it was more suitable to open the little quarter windows which of course the Vet doesn’t have. He did something when fitting the Kit?? but said it wasn’t successful. I don’t think I’ll muck around with it. Long way off yet of course, Vintage make the kits to order, 16 weeks approx, then time a container to get it here. “It won’t be here for this summer” that won’t worry me too much because look at the weather we’re having, be nice to have it in for next year.

blackleroy44:
sirfixalot, I was advised to insulate the car as much as possible before kit goes in, new carpets are being fitted so I was going to use a heap of Dynamat anyway. Is it necessary to do inside door panels and and what if any do you consider a better product. I was considering putting two layers of Dynamat where possible?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version