Author Topic: Xmas in July - Urgent update.  (Read 2274 times)

Offline Vettech

• Supercharged
  • The rocket sled in Steel Blue.
  • Mood: Electrofied.
  • Car: C3 78 + C4 87 + C4 90
Xmas in July - Urgent update.
« on: May 23, 2022, 07:07:25 PM »
URGENT UPDATE - XMAS in JULY.
Members its great to see a lot of interest in Xmas in July, organized by Mandy, last years was a real winner

BUT: As it now appears to be a norm for businesses to want payment of an up front and often non-refundable deposit. The club needs to pay $1300.00 in a few days time.

As all members have read each and every monthly mag and thus you would note that day to day running capital is pretty light on and I don't want to take funds out of long term investments as this action would penalise the club (matures Sept) I was hoping that members would commence to pay their $75 subs (due 1st June), and a few have - thankyou.  So!..

Please see Mandy's text and pay into our club account ASAP for the Xmas in July.
As usual in the direct deposite ($65/ea) just put your sirname and the word "XMAS"

Please remember that we book & pay for and on your behalf after we recieve your commitment to attend. Unfortunately after next week the club will be committed to this expense and to follow on, committed legally to the FULL cost for the function.

Also it may be of interest that most members are staying o'nite in the pub "Harrigans" as the Mercure seems to be playing hard to get, however Mandy has organised transport to / from the function, thus allowing you to have one or six drinkies. Also for those members arriving Friday, Mandy has organised an Italian style Restaurant for ~$35/ea for food, drinks at your discretion.

A special thankyou to Mick Ravese who rang and paid his $130 whilst I was typing this thread. This should be a great function, but as you well know, its people that make the function, and the more the merrier. Please consider.
Regards.
🖕 Vettech.

Offline Vettech

• Supercharged
Re: Xmas in July - Urgent update.
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2022, 04:15:38 PM »
Big thankyou to those members who have paid for Xmas in July.
🖕 Vettech.

Offline gtc

• Supercharged
  • Car: 1970 454 Manual
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2022, 07:29:15 PM »
subs (due 1st June)

My calendar says 1 July.
It's C3 chromie for me, see? Si!

Offline Vettech

• Supercharged
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2022, 01:07:40 PM »
Xmas in July is filling rapidly.

However, if you are thinking of joining us, then let Mandy know and forward you payment.

We need to let the Caterers know numbers VERY soon.

AND NOW - I see a void in those who are attending - this year we have gone North specifically at the continual calls from our Northern members to venter over the Bridge, and have runs up that neck of the woods - well we are there, but we are seeing only two members, one from Port and one from Medowie.

Maybe Northern members have not seen the Fb or Website adds for this up coming weekend.
Also quiet a few are staying at Harrigans and not the Mercure.  (just some food for thought)
🖕 Vettech.

Offline Vettech

• Supercharged
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2022, 01:15:03 PM »
Yes "GTC" as ever always correct - but it takes SOME members 6 months to pay their subs, if I had my way the subs would fall due on the 1st May. each year.
🖕 Vettech.

Offline gtc

• Supercharged
  • Car: 1970 454 Manual
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2022, 07:30:51 PM »
it takes SOME members 6 months to pay their subs, if I had my way the subs would fall due on the 1st May. each year.

Six months late is over the top. In many places, being just month or two late in paying the annual fee would mean that you automatically lose your membership.

I think it used to be that members who were 3 months (?) in arrears were removed from the magazine mailout.
It's C3 chromie for me, see? Si!

Offline bfit

• Don't talk of dust and roses
  • Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
  • Mood: Honey reinforced
  • Car: Yes
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2022, 05:33:02 PM »
We will be having a discussion on this matter in our June meeting.
Bfit
I have seen too many instances where people continue to pursue wrong courses of action because they do not take the time to think critically about what has happened in the past.’’
Winston Churchill

Offline jagsy

• Tri Powered
  • Mood: Always happy
  • Car: 2008 Z06 Jetstream Blue
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2022, 12:36:34 PM »
Looking forward to the weekend in Hunter Valley.