Technical Tips > Post 84

Bose amplifier relay for 86

<< < (2/5) > >>

Vettech:
PeterW what part of the relay is gone, my 87 of 20 odd years has had aerial issues but never a relay.
Dont throw it away. I'm interested in looking at it, please hang on to it.

peterw:
That's fantastic.  I think I now have enough info to make a standard relay work for me.

I have tried bridging the power to the amps and it all works fine so the relay is the issue.

When you power the coil on the bench it doesn't respond.  I assume it's a short inside somewhere.

American youtubers say that these relays often burn out.

Peter

peterw:

--- Quote from: Vettech on December 11, 2021, 11:11:08 AM ---Dont throw it away. I'm interested in looking at it, please hang on to it.

--- End quote ---

Everything I take off the car goes into a box for reference.  I always wish previous owners of my old cars had done this.

I'm not going to put the new relay in the standard location, it was a bitch to get out.

The wiring easily goes down to the kneepad area so I will mount it there and make it easily accessible.

Peter

sirfixalot:
I have a stack of diodes here as I use them on my C3 electric headlight kits and also a relay can make up something for you I am around tomorrow in Cronulla just give me a call

peterw:
Just went to Jaycar.  Seems like gone are the days when the young guys in there were electronics enthusiasts and did know stuff.

Guy I spoke to knew less than me, very disappointing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version