Technical Tips > Brakes, Suspensions, Steering, Wheels & Tyres

Tyre size for c3

(1/4) > >>

Philip:
Hi guys
I have a76 vette recently purchased and have 265 x 50 x 15 tyres on what I think are standard rims I recently replaced handbrake cable to rear brakes. I now have the tyres rubbing on the brake cable.I have to replace all tyres due to the age and condition of these. Can you give me a decent tyre size to get that will fit without rubbing as I'm not an expert on tyres and don't want to purchase something that will give me a problem. Thanks

MY081:
Hi Philip. The Standard size for a C3 is 235x60x15 Front and 255x60x15 Rear. Some people shoe horn 255x60x15 on the Front  . Hope this helps .Ray

Philip:
Thanks Ray
Wasn't sure whether the 255's were still too big but I'll give them a go, if they still rub the brake cable I'll do something to prevent that. Cheers

sirfixalot:
255 60 15 should be fine on the rear are the wheels alloys or rally wheels ? Handbrake cable bracket can be relocated to top of trailing arm. The metal bracket is available as a replacement part. I personally like 245 60 15 as can run a lot of castor on front without rubbing in back of guards. 245 60 15 tyres are available from tempe tyres for $161 fitted and are nice and quiet on highway at speed have had them on car for a year now with no complaint

Philip:
Thankyou Sirfixalot :laugh:
What brand of tyre do you run, my current ones are Goodrich TA. on Rally wheels, I'll keep the cable bracket in mind. I will get some prices up here in Newcastle. I'm sure I will be pestering you guys quite a lot in the coming months. The car being RHD certainly presents a lot of challenges from dash to hood locks. Just a note to let you know that from my last post regarding bumper covers I managed to track down Simon Taylor in Qld and he is currently making the covers for me at a reasonable price, thanks again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version