Technical Tips > Pre 84

1974 NSW Number Plate Fitment Issue

(1/2) > >>

Ezy03:
Hi All,

Is there a way for the standard black and white plates to be fitted on a 1974 Corvette?

I've seen previous post but they are outdated and a lot of links etc aren't working so it's hard to tell.

Has anyone have current solutions?

Thanks!

Vettech:
Unless you have special number, try getting US style plates.

I dont like paying extra for plates they should supply as a matter of course.
C4 are just as bad, but US size overcomes all, but now on "H plates" i had to make a US size dummy plate onto which the H plates attaches.

Originally on my 78 with Black on Yellow plates, they were bent up at the ends or cut off.

gtc:
I have XX-999 style B&W plates fitted to my 1970 C3. It was 10 years or so ago but, IIRC, I found US plate holders that suited with a bit of trimming of the edges of the plates.

Kenobe:
 :hi: Yes on the C4 the only plate is the US style and I think I pay around $115 per year for the privilege after the manufacturing cost,
I did ask Service NSW for a regular plate and told them I would have to bend up both ends and they said that was not legal so I said my next option was to cut off the last letter, they didn't see the funny side so I selected my Initial and birth year on American Muscle Plates and paid my bill.  :banghead:

Ezy03:
Thanks for the reply guys!

Looks like I need to purchase the USA style plates from myplates, and then return the standard black and white plates to RMS (which they say i can get refunded for - which is good news).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version