General Discussion Area > General Chat

St George Club Banking.

(1/2) > >>

Vettech:
For those 5 or 6 of you waiting for your Cheque to be banked, sorry but St.George was JUST shut as I turned up at Carnes Hill.

Appears they currently operate Mon - Fri till 2.30pm.

So I'll venture out on Monday. Now that I've had both my Dystemper Shots, all should be O.K

gtc:

--- Quote from: Vettech on August 13, 2021, 03:43:52 PM ---For those 5 or 6 of you waiting for your Cheque to be banked, sorry but St.George was JUST shut as I turned up at Carnes Hill.
--- End quote ---

Commbank, Westpac, NAB have ATMs which can process cheques. Not St George?

bfit:
I have had businesses return cheques the last few years with a note, they don’t accept them , as they have no one to take cheques to the bank.
Bfit

gtc:
Cheque usage in 2019: https://www.rba.gov.au/publications/rdp/2020/2020-06/cheques.html

Vettech:
Sorry GTC for late reply - we use StG as you know, it's not a matter of the bank.
Cheques are a PITA.

Not so bad when I worked and regularly went to Stocklands.

Now I get the car out to make a special trip, for bank and Post and currently Mags.

But I'm now in an LGA with lockdown, and a corvette sticks out like the proverbial. I can see the eyes on the copper glaze over when he see's me coming and flicks on the red & blues. So far my Covid Vax certification I now have on my phone (medicare) works a treat.

But in the last couple of weeks I've become more reticent to leave home, and I believe with good reason.

Nothing would give me greater satisfaction than to get in the Vette, head south for 30mins, find a little village, buy a couple of very nice pies and just bump into some one I know and enjoy a pie and chat - but alas....

I might add here that our P.O Box and Post Office is in the Green Valley Complex, which the Liverpool Police station is a part of,  and there are always police patrolling and/or buying lunch etc in this complex. I've even been quized on my "H" plate.

Don't get me wrong, I  have no issue with police, they do a good job, and unfortunately are a neccessary evil within our society.
Regards.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version