Author Topic: St George Club Banking.  (Read 3799 times)

Offline Vettech

• Supercharged
  • The rocket sled in Steel Blue.
  • Mood: Electrofied.
  • Car: C3 78 + C4 87 + C4 90
St George Club Banking.
« on: August 13, 2021, 03:43:52 PM »
For those 5 or 6 of you waiting for your Cheque to be banked, sorry but St.George was JUST shut as I turned up at Carnes Hill.

Appears they currently operate Mon - Fri till 2.30pm.

So I'll venture out on Monday. Now that I've had both my Dystemper Shots, all should be O.K
🖕 Vettech.

Offline gtc

• Supercharged
  • Car: 1970 454 Manual
Re: St George Club Banking.
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2021, 09:31:25 PM »
For those 5 or 6 of you waiting for your Cheque to be banked, sorry but St.George was JUST shut as I turned up at Carnes Hill.

Commbank, Westpac, NAB have ATMs which can process cheques. Not St George?
It's C3 chromie for me, see? Si!

Offline bfit

• Don't talk of dust and roses
  • Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
  • Mood: Honey reinforced
  • Car: Yes
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2021, 05:57:11 PM »
I have had businesses return cheques the last few years with a note, they don’t accept them , as they have no one to take cheques to the bank.
Bfit
I have seen too many instances where people continue to pursue wrong courses of action because they do not take the time to think critically about what has happened in the past.’’
Winston Churchill

Offline gtc

• Supercharged
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2021, 11:00:24 PM »

Offline Vettech

• Supercharged
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2021, 05:11:16 PM »
Sorry GTC for late reply - we use StG as you know, it's not a matter of the bank.
Cheques are a PITA.

Not so bad when I worked and regularly went to Stocklands.

Now I get the car out to make a special trip, for bank and Post and currently Mags.

But I'm now in an LGA with lockdown, and a corvette sticks out like the proverbial. I can see the eyes on the copper glaze over when he see's me coming and flicks on the red & blues. So far my Covid Vax certification I now have on my phone (medicare) works a treat.

But in the last couple of weeks I've become more reticent to leave home, and I believe with good reason.

Nothing would give me greater satisfaction than to get in the Vette, head south for 30mins, find a little village, buy a couple of very nice pies and just bump into some one I know and enjoy a pie and chat - but alas....

I might add here that our P.O Box and Post Office is in the Green Valley Complex, which the Liverpool Police station is a part of,  and there are always police patrolling and/or buying lunch etc in this complex. I've even been quized on my "H" plate.

Don't get me wrong, I  have no issue with police, they do a good job, and unfortunately are a neccessary evil within our society.
Regards.
🖕 Vettech.

Offline gtc

• Supercharged
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2021, 05:32:04 PM »
Yes, not driving the Vette at the moment for the same reason. Although I am not in a 'hotspot', even taking it to the servo for petrol is likely to attract the Covid Gestapo if they are in the area.

Re St George, my question was do they not have ATMs that will process cheques like the major banks do? I wasn't aware of such ATMs myself until I had to bank some refund cheques from an Association that only issues cheques for refunds. That feature allowed me to bank them after hours.

Offline Vettech

• Supercharged
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2021, 05:39:04 PM »
GTC I did look at you site, and agree cheques are predominant in older people, THATS OUR CLUB in a nutshell.

And compared to 5 yrs ago, payments via EFT have totally eclipsed cheque payments.

Each year we have promoted EFT as the preferred method of payment, and its slowly taken over.
Other clubs only allow EFT payments, we however, try to be more flexable and accomodating to our members.

Cheques were also prone to bounce, which cost the club, or were company cheques with NO MEMBERS NAME to be found, this made for fun & games tracking the member down, having said that, this same issue occurs with EFT, when people put all sorts of info in the reference field which can only xfer the first 10 characters - ergo " Payment for member John Citizen" all i get on screen and via printed statement is "payment for".....???????? It seems not to matter how many times I preach, to put the members Sirname first.

Your quick response means your obviously sitting at home, re: ATM - I dont know, I virtually never use them even for myself as I always buy via Coles or Woolies and get cash at the same time, thus not costing me additional personal account fees.

But next time there I'll enquire, there is a machine outside, we normally have Coin, Notes, Cheques and Bloody Postal Notes, although these thankfully now are processed by StG as a Cheque.

Regards.
🖕 Vettech.

Offline gtc

• Supercharged
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2021, 08:33:03 PM »
and Bloody Postal Notes, although these thankfully now are processed by StG as a Cheque.

The last time I saw a postal note would have been around 1964 inside a Christmas card from my grandparents. Didn't even know they were still a thing.