Technical Tips > Electrical-Electronics-Air-Lighting-Guages-Security-Vacuum

C4 1990 Electrical Ccts FSM

<< < (7/7)

sirfixalot:
Doug they are available on ebay seller is     chrishartung seems to have lots of plugs,connectors,crimps, I was going to buy some off him when I had trouble with injector outputs on computer

Vettech:
Thanks Sirfixalot,  I'll look into that.
However after another close look, it looks like the metal bracket the cradle secures to is not GM, looks bent / warped, so I removed the two and 1/2 screws - yes a broken off 1/2 screw, this released the cradle from the metal support right at the connector (there is sufficient other support) and the IC now plugs in with a very positive feel, and like magic, it all comes alive & works well. I then went to town on the dash etc to try and bring the fault back in, thankfully everything is ok. Success at last.
Now to find those vanishing screws and put it all back together  - but thats tomorrow.

Vettech:
Well except for the lower footwell padding and lamp, its all a goer.

This 90 is what is known as a "so called" Chain&Bar conversion, as opposed to the "Mirror conversion" of which I'm well and truely fed up with, as far as handling, responsiveness and ease to work under the hood, these C&B's are as good or better than the Mirror's.

I would suggest to anyone with series 2 C4's (i.e 90 onwards) with Instrument Cluster issues to look to the connector at the rear of the cluster.

Now for those pesky seat pumps - but thats a new thread......

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version