Technical Tips > Electrical-Electronics-Air-Lighting-Guages-Security-Vacuum

C4 1990 Electrical Ccts FSM

(1/7) > >>

Vettech:
Any one out there with GMFSM Electrical Supplement for 1990 Vett.

I have several (2) plugs floating under the centre console.
1. A black 2 pin plug c/w a black wire & black/white stripe wire.
2. A black 8 pin oblong plug c/w six wires only. 

The 2nd plug has a mounting pin, I think its safe to assume this has a module with flying lead that plugs into it, thence its mounting pin is snapped into a retaining hole in the console hardware. The wires then run forward into/under the dash centre instruments, there are no unplugged modules ??. The only optionable module fitted in this area is the switch for FX3.  But this option would at a guess require no more than four (4) wires which should run back into the ABS box behind the LH seat. There are no FX3 shocks, actuators, harnesses, controller's or console switches fitted to vehicle. These plugs are not present on my 87. Any ideas muchly appreciated.

I have a 1990 cct diagram which equates to my 87 book as 8A - 20 - 2 but its in conjunction with page 3, but I cant find anywhere a copy of the 1990 page 3/or second half of the working ccts for Automatic transmission - any help here would be great.

sirfixalot:
Doug I would reckon the black pair is for seat belt warning light /alarm normally drivers side stalk has a switch incorporated into the head of stalk.

Vettech:
Ummm thats not a bad suggestion Geoff.

I know I looked - there is two wires going down to my RH drivers seat, they disappear down behind the console side cover.
Maybe - its an option for the original passenger seat (RH side)

I think one is earth, but with ignition on, the blk/wht has power on it. Ummm something to follow up tomorrow depending on how deep the snow is. Its cold out there now.

Vettech:
The belt stalks look like early Holden Comodore without any wires attatched to either.

So I tink your suggestion "its the seat belt alarm" is correct.

This car has no seat belt alarms I can see - plus I've now made the mistake of pursuing structual issues in the console and the centre console plate and its equip alignment etc. I should have left well enough alone.

sirfixalot:
I can get the stalk with a switch in it seat belt light should stay on when car started for about 10 seconds. The switch in stalk is another parallel path until seat belt buckle is engaged then light goes out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version