General Discussion Area > Corvette Related Chat

C8 Corvette Australia

(1/1)

MY081:
Latest release from GM C8 for Aus in 2022 Pricing at $150000!!!! Maybe this time .Only time will tell. If they still can't supply the US market then i think we will keep waiting.Ray

gtc:
An RHD Vette ex-factory. And they said it would never happen.

--- Quote ---The second in charge of General Motors, Tim Lee, who is the head of the company’s international operations, hit out at reports of a right-hand-drive Corvette for Australia, exclusively revealed by News Limited yesterday.

He told reporters at the Detroit motor show overnight: “I have no idea what [General Motors CEO Dan Akerson] said but we have no plan to put a right-hand-drive under that bonnet. The Corvette is a Chevrolet, it’s not a Holden, it never will be, next question.”

When pressed again on how two of his senior colleagues could get such key facts wrong during a media presentation, he said during the roundtable interview: “We can spend the entire 20 minutes talking about this. This is a non-story from my point of view. You can write what you want to write, I really don’t give a sh#t. But it is not in the mainstream plan.”

Lee repeated his earlier comments: “Currently there is no engineering execution, there is no plan. If the CEO said tomorrow that he wants us to do that [a right-hand-drive Corvette] it would take us years. Don’t go back and sell that story.”
--- End quote ---

https://www.news.com.au/national/finally-corvette-set-for-australian-showrooms/news-story/4f2b6691ec68815a16432fa169429bb8

PS: "After 45 years of working at General Motors, Tim Lee will be welcoming retirement come April 1, 2014."

MY081:
Keep Waiting !!!!!

gtc:

--- Quote from: MY081 on April 06, 2021, 11:46:36 AM ---Keep Waiting !!!!!

--- End quote ---

... 'til the fat lady sings.

MY081:
ABSOLUTELY

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version