General Discussion Area > Corvette Related Chat

ADR regs on brake lights and indicators

<< < (2/3) > >>

sirfixalot:
67 vette may not be subject to ADR's but a vette wasn't sold here in Australia new so what was legal in the US doesn't count here. Easiest way to look at it say a 67 holden sold new here in Australia had orange blinkers separate from brake lights so there must have been some rule in vogue in 67 for local car manufacturers to make them that way. I'm sure local car manufacturers wouldn't have done it without a push.

bfit:
In 1967 it was legal to use hand singles , and you need to demonstrate that you knew them to get a licence. In case the  indicator didn’t work.
Bfit

Vettech:
That's a very interesting hypothesis Sirfixalot.

Very logical - but keep in mind we are dealing with Govt's and their agents. Twisting the parametres to suit THEIR agenda is easy for them. I heard a little bird say the powers to be wanted the rules to apply such that wheels could only be those OEM supplied new.

You and I know that After Market wheels have been around since year dot, often those fitted OEM  were a cheap compromise. Whilst safe enough they may not have been the best option for all applications.

Kenobe:
 :hi: we still use hand signals today, " watch for finger"  :banana: :banana:

RHD.68.l89:
From what I believe to be correct, ADR's came in effect 1st Jan 1969. Any vehicles manufactured before that date don't require amber turn signals. for example, FC Holden has the same system as Vettes.  Australian Manufacturers knew the ADR's were coming and made their vehicles compliant prior to the required date. In the end, it is in the interpretation of the engineer/roadworthy tester if it passes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version