Technical Tips > Interiors - Trim - Seats - Carpets

C4 1987 Corvette Interior - POWER SEATs

(1/2) > >>

Vettech:
The 87 has 12way electric Sport Seats.

But many years ago the  "Lumber Pump" section on the drivers seat gave up the ghost, dont get me wrong, you could hear it running, but allas it pumped nill (lately I seem to be having sequential pump issues). I removed it and was told by club afficinado's it was "Kaput".

So it went into the "to hard basket" where its dwelled for far too long. Now I seem to remember a member said it was the rubber membrain within the pump, sure enough it turned to confetti when touched, but it could be replaced - however there are no kits available from the States.

It was also stated that a piece of tyre inner tube could be used. OMG  - when was the last time you saw an inner tube, I dont even see them down the beach any more.

Has anyone repaired one of these little pumps, if so, I would really appreciate any feedback, on how, material used etc etc

And yes, I know someone will point out that its usually the "Plastic Bladders" that puncture, these however are still available.

RHD.68.l89:
Tubes are available for push bikes, the store might even have a junk one available.

Vettech:
Yes push bike's, never thought of that, now who do I know in the club with bikes of the pedal variety......

Also "MY081" rang to explain the many uses of rubber gloves, some of this information can never be unheard.

Also research shows that US suppliers were from memory expensive, but looking closely they were supplying not just the rubber diaphragm but a whole sub-assembly - total overkill - no wonder the excessive prices.

Anyway with nill available from the US, time to experiment. From googling it appears the C5 has similar issues, but with a totally different design of air pump. Which either fails electrically, shears the vane rotor, or if lucky cloggs up with easy to clean out gunk.

Vettech:
The Pump was supplied by JASCO PROD, INC. SUN VALLEY CA.

The company now appears to be in Oklahoma.

Found the attachment whilst googgling....ummmm would not accept that file ..... try again

The bottom missing half is the precedure - but its simple and straight forward. Looks like "MY081" was on the ball or hand or..
Now "Who" do I know with a 1" hole punch ......ummm...?

Kenobe:
 :hi: Good morning Vettech
I have a metric set which will give you a 25mm.

Let me know if you want me to bring it to work at Wetherill Park for you to collect, How's those Bonnet struts going after we welded them?

Cheers :thumb:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version