Technical Tips > Pre 84

air conditioner evaporator

(1/3) > >>

stingray:
Hi has anybody replaced the evapaortor on a 76 - 77  before if so can you please give me a call on 0418 252512 thanks Alan

Vettech:
Allan - have you had any calls.

Having a 78 with CCOT type AC, same on 87 & 90. I thought yours would he the same.

But appears the 76 - 77 had VIR Type AC. Which everyone seems to deem troublesome and they get rid of it.

Ecklers, ZIP, CC all have kits to replace the Evap etc etc to convert from VIR to CCOT.

Looking at the U tubes, it looks pretty straight forward. I think pulling it down would he relatively easy and quick.

But if they offer a conversion kit, and not many OEM  do VIR any more - it may he prudent to convert to CCOT.
(Cycling Clutch Orifice Tube). Any way just my thoughts. (VIR = Valve In Reciever).

Oh! I nearly forgot - yours has the issue with the steering column taking a short cut. Umm my 78 also has this issue.

stingray:
thanks Doug the problem is that, the bottom pipe that goes into the black box to the evaporator has broke (at the weld) of the evaporator this is why it needs to come out and replace if I want air conditioner to work

bfit:
Allen I have most of the A/C out of  79  if your looking for used parts.
Bfit

stingray:
Thanks  for the reply, but I am looking if anyone has done the removal and what sort of pain in the arse job it is.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version