Author Topic: C4 87 Heater Matrix  (Read 8851 times)

Offline bfit

• Don't talk of dust and roses
  • Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
  • Mood: Honey reinforced
  • Car: Yes
Re: C4 87 Heater Matrix
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2020, 06:38:52 PM »
Ok the new one out and a pic below showing both.

I wonder what the difference is ..........

Difficult for a blind person to see
Bfit
I have seen too many instances where people continue to pursue wrong courses of action because they do not take the time to think critically about what has happened in the past.’’
Winston Churchill

Offline MY081

• I'm here. Woo Hoo! :)
  • Fuel Injected
  • Pleb
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2020, 04:39:45 PM »
Yea 5/8 is easy for me to judge. that's about how far out of plumb i usually was in every 4 courses Lol

Offline bfit

• Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2020, 05:28:53 PM »
Nothing wrong with that in a 100 meter wall
Bfit
I have seen too many instances where people continue to pursue wrong courses of action because they do not take the time to think critically about what has happened in the past.’’
Winston Churchill

Offline bfit

• Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2020, 02:02:58 PM »
The matrix conspiracy  is  becoming more of a covert operation.
Bfit
Winston Churchill

Offline MY081

• I'm here. Woo Hoo! :)
  • Fuel Injected
  • Pleb
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2020, 10:34:16 AM »
Mmmmmm I meant every 4 courses high witch  can create a problem from time to time. Uncle Doug is doing a great job of entertaining us ( especially since he explained what a Bloody Matrix is ) he always makes things more technical than they need to be.Why not say something that has rows and columns etc . Ray

Offline Vettech

• Supercharged
  • The rocket sled in Steel Blue.
  • Mood: Electrofied.
  • Car: C3 78 + C4 87 + C4 90
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2020, 12:00:35 PM »
Well back again.
After much ado, and a lot of help (tks Bfit & Sirfixalot) we are at the stage of getting the hoses for hot water, steam/bleed and KC4 oil cooler sorted. I've installed the KC4 return metal pipe, getting into position just missing the steering column. We have deleted the Throttle Body heater and changed that fitting for a  90° unit with a ~8mm tail swetted into it, this will allow manifold water to exit via hose under the "AIR" pump/bracket, under the Alternator, do a left turn back to the Heater Matrix in the fire wall, whilst a new hose will allow the steam/bleed to be drawn into this water flow. 

A new hose from the Heater Matrix will return heater water around the radiator, under the A/C and into the Water Pumps small side inlet, but I need to dream up a fitting that is like a "Y" or "T" junction set in this hose right before the water pump and will allow the suction of water from the metal pipe (KC4).

My 87 or 90 dont have water taps either manual or vacuum in the cars heater cct, and I cant see any reference to taps in any FSM's or Youtubes , I'm assuming that the HVAC (Heat Vent Air Conditioning) uses a combination of hot matrix mixed with a cold evaporator to obtain passenger set air temps.

🖕 Vettech.

Offline sirfixalot

• Fuel Injected
  • Committee Member & Tech Adviser C3-C4
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2020, 09:17:29 PM »
The water tap vacuum line is the grey tube out of  the Heater & Ac Programmer when looking at the vacuum plug the port is at 3 o clock. The solenoid inside programmer is 3rd from the left 86-87 has the solenoid 88-89 it appears to be deleted from factory.