Author Topic: Vintage air ac  (Read 7708 times)

Offline Lefty

• Lefty
  • Four Barrel
Vintage air ac
« on: May 04, 2020, 10:54:07 AM »
Hi,
I have a vintage air ac fitted (mostly) in my 79 and wonder if someone May know someone who can get it going. Prefer shire area if possible.

Many thanks
Lefty
79 vette

Offline Vettech

• Supercharged
  • The rocket sled in Steel Blue.
  • Mood: Electrofied.
  • Car: C3 78 + C4 87 + C4 90
Re: Vintage air ac
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2020, 11:55:51 AM »
Plse excuse my ignorance, but what do you mean by vintage AC ?.

Now I'm being picky, if you prefer the "Shire" then why your location says Croydon?

And of course, everyone knows there is only one "Shire" - thats the Sutherland Shire. (That should get them started)

Your AC is designed for what Gas - R12, R134a or some even newer replacement for R134a or for HiChill -30.

Is your vintage Air a CCOT (accumulator type) or Expansion valve (reciever dryer type) system.

That should give you some stuff to read up on. Oh! and when you say "mostly" - how much is that exactly?
🖕 Vettech.

Offline bfit

• Don't talk of dust and roses
  • Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
  • Mood: Honey reinforced
  • Car: Yes
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2020, 12:36:33 PM »
vintage ac
US aftermarket AC supplier.
bfit
I have seen too many instances where people continue to pursue wrong courses of action because they do not take the time to think critically about what has happened in the past.’’
Winston Churchill

Offline Lefty

• Lefty
  • Four Barrel
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2020, 02:11:42 PM »
Appreciate your interest, updates below

quote author=Vettech link=topic=12125.msg1045962186#msg1045962186 date=1588643751]
Plse excuse my ignorance, but what do you mean by vintage AC ?.YES

Now I'm being picky, if you prefer the "Shire" then why your location says Croydon? CAR IS LOCATED IN THE SUTHERLAND SHIRE

And of course, everyone knows there is only one "Shire" - thats the Sutherland Shire. (That should get them started)

Your AC is designed for what Gas - R12, R134a or some even newer replacement for R134a or for HiChill -30. I DONT KNOW

Is your vintage Air a CCOT (accumulator type) or Expansion valve (reciever dryer type) system.I DONT KNOW

That should give you some stuff to read up on. Oh! and when you say "mostly" - how much is that exactly?CONDENSER AND COMPRESSOR AE INSTALLED, PIPEWORK, ELECTRICAL AND GAS REQUIRED.

IM LOOKING FOR A RECOMMENDATION FOR SOMEONE TO FINISH THE INSTALL.

MANY THANKS
[/quote]
79 vette

Offline Vettech

• Supercharged
  • The rocket sled in Steel Blue.
  • Mood: Electrofied.
  • Car: C3 78 + C4 87 + C4 90
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2020, 03:14:21 PM »
Ummmm...

Now there is a club member who is having an after market AC fitted to a C2 I think.

He is a committee man - Mr Charlie Micallef, he is Committee #3, have a look in your mag.

He does not (i think) get onto the Forum, but his details are there and I would imagine he wouod be happy to help you.

Regards. 
🖕 Vettech.

Offline toyvet

• Tri Powered
  • Club Plate Registrar
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2020, 06:43:00 PM »
HELLO REGARDING AIR CON RING ( SR PERFORMANCE ) TALK TO STEVE  SHARKIE ON 0439901560 THEY MAYBE ABLE TO HELP YOU WITH YOUR PROBLEM
REGARDS
JORGE

Offline sirfixalot

• Fuel Injected
  • Committee Member & Tech Adviser C3-C4
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2020, 01:19:12 PM »
What needs doing to it when you say partly installed

Offline Lefty

• Lefty
  • Four Barrel
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2020, 07:35:26 PM »
Geoff, I have sent you a pm.
Best
Mark
79 vette

Offline IJL

• I'm new here
  • Car: 1978
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2021, 02:20:11 PM »
I have just joined this forum as I have the same issue. I have the surefit (sic) vintage air for my 78 that needs a person who knows how to modify it and install it. My local auto electrician is not up to it. My car has the engine in but otherwise gutted.

Offline sirfixalot

• Fuel Injected
  • Committee Member & Tech Adviser C3-C4
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2021, 05:34:00 PM »
From memory in the early days vintage air only made a control for up to about a 76, maybe that has changed these days.If you have interior out of car is pretty simple job. From what I have seen the install instructions are fairly comprehensive that the average person could do it themselves. I have used Able auto elec in Taren Pt to make hoses, gas system etc, is owner operator one man band Quentin is the owner. What is wrong with your factory air? Be aware the vintage air is only a recirc system & doesn't have any fresh air function like the original.Any questions give me a call

Offline IJL

• I'm new here
  • Car: 1978
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2021, 06:02:04 PM »
Thanks. Yes the 78 and up are new. The auto electrician here is a remove and replace type. So someone who knows how to make AC hoses sounds good.