Technical Tips > Pre 84

Vintage air ac

(1/3) > >>

Lefty:
Hi,
I have a vintage air ac fitted (mostly) in my 79 and wonder if someone May know someone who can get it going. Prefer shire area if possible.

Many thanks
Lefty

Vettech:
Plse excuse my ignorance, but what do you mean by vintage AC ?.

Now I'm being picky, if you prefer the "Shire" then why your location says Croydon?

And of course, everyone knows there is only one "Shire" - thats the Sutherland Shire. (That should get them started)

Your AC is designed for what Gas - R12, R134a or some even newer replacement for R134a or for HiChill -30.

Is your vintage Air a CCOT (accumulator type) or Expansion valve (reciever dryer type) system.

That should give you some stuff to read up on. Oh! and when you say "mostly" - how much is that exactly?

bfit:
vintage ac
US aftermarket AC supplier.
bfit

Lefty:
Appreciate your interest, updates below

quote author=Vettech link=topic=12125.msg1045962186#msg1045962186 date=1588643751]
Plse excuse my ignorance, but what do you mean by vintage AC ?.YES

Now I'm being picky, if you prefer the "Shire" then why your location says Croydon? CAR IS LOCATED IN THE SUTHERLAND SHIRE

And of course, everyone knows there is only one "Shire" - thats the Sutherland Shire. (That should get them started)

Your AC is designed for what Gas - R12, R134a or some even newer replacement for R134a or for HiChill -30. I DONT KNOW

Is your vintage Air a CCOT (accumulator type) or Expansion valve (reciever dryer type) system.I DONT KNOW

That should give you some stuff to read up on. Oh! and when you say "mostly" - how much is that exactly?CONDENSER AND COMPRESSOR AE INSTALLED, PIPEWORK, ELECTRICAL AND GAS REQUIRED.

IM LOOKING FOR A RECOMMENDATION FOR SOMEONE TO FINISH THE INSTALL.

MANY THANKS
[/quote]

Vettech:
Ummmm...

Now there is a club member who is having an after market AC fitted to a C2 I think.

He is a committee man - Mr Charlie Micallef, he is Committee #3, have a look in your mag.

He does not (i think) get onto the Forum, but his details are there and I would imagine he wouod be happy to help you.

Regards. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version