Author Topic: Treasurers Report  (Read 1899 times)

Offline MY081

• I'm here. Woo Hoo! :)
  • Fuel Injected
  • Pleb
Treasurers Report
« on: April 13, 2020, 11:13:55 AM »
Hi all I've just read the latest Club Mag , great job guys n gals. Thank you Uncle Doug for clarifying the issue of Club monies and National etc. You were correct last year when you said the same thing !!!! This year you are more correct ( Viris Issues ) Our next Nationals will more than likely be financed holly by our club. (nil sponsors ) So it is critical that we are in good shape financially. On the subject of being RICH thats a bit strange when you consider we all have cars that only sit in a shed 85% of the time , also if members were to check other clubs they would fined our dues are ball park with other clubs considering we provide a full color magazine. SO thank you Doug. Also I would like to thank Mandy and Jim and there partners for putting so much effort into our run calendar this year.It's such a shame it all had to be canceled. Well thats my thoughts for the day, missing you all. Ray

Offline Vettech

• Supercharged
  • The rocket sled in Steel Blue.
  • Mood: Electrofied.
  • Car: C3 78 + C4 87 + C4 90
Re: Treasurers Report
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2020, 10:56:12 PM »
Thank you for those words Ray.

Today I recieved some of my S.A Nationals money via cheque in the post.

I took the time to call S.A Pres Rob McConnel, mainly to discuss the return address for items already purchased, effectively by participants, these would be returned bulk to our Club P.O box - this will now come bulk direct to my private address, thence I will organise re-distribution.

But in talking with Rod, I could hear his pain in having to cancell the event, the S.A team put a lot of work into a non-event.Very disheartening.
They like others I know are now having issues getting Deposits refunded. I wish them well in the future.

This Corona19 business is effecting everyone with no favour given. But it does highlight the need for clubs to be financialy independent.
Some may know that each Nationals participating Corvette club makes a donation each year, well in advance to that years Nationals organizing club.
Those donations form a base, allowing clubs to secure better deals, via early upfront payments etc. In the past we have run levies and a swaff of special raffles etc etc to put us in the right position.

I can see some members are not interested in Nationals, I myself attended 2000 but none again till 2015 Canberra - a 14 year hiatus, for many reasons.
This is why I believe in user pay, and to keep that cost to our members to a minimun, having reserve operating funds gives clubs that flexability, and in the advent of another National pandemic etc we can survive and come out strong. Anyone in business would agree.

🖕 Vettech.