Technical Tips > Radiators - Cooling

C4 Oil Cooler / Filter

<< < (2/2)

Vettech:
Followed your lead, silver soldered, Bfit did required turning out of the brass fittings, and did the brazing.

Looks very good, I'll post a pic tomorrow once I have it washed out. If I bring it out now "somebody" will get angry.

I disagree with ordinary coolant - we now have steel, brass, cast iron and aluminium, throw in water or any coolant with irregular pH's and I tink corrosion will run rampant, I will be coating inside of brass, and consider a "Waterless" coolant, saw same on Wheeler Dealers, might be the go, depends on cost,.

I cant thank Bfit enough for his more than able assistance with this issue.

sirfixalot:
Well Doug I figure have been putting brass welsh plugs in block & screw plugs in manifolds never had any problem whats a bit more brass

Vettech:
Ummm... I seen to remember from the bygone days of MGs & Austins with Welsh plugs that seemed to weep  -- a lot.

I honestly cant remember the metal - many years ago - but looked brassy.

OH ! And the water take off at the block, which I think is the drain plug in none KC4 optioned cars, was totally corroded and once I got it out the block water galleries are absolutely full of crap and rust etc etc.

But you are probably right, by the time this rust out, I'll be long in a box pushing up daiseys .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version