Technical Tips > Electrical-Electronics-Air-Lighting-Guages-Security-Vacuum

C4 1990 AC problems and solutions.

<< < (2/2)

MY081:
Thank you  uncle Doug . I do absolutely nothing on my Vette ( Mechanic Do'es ) but I fine your Posts very interesting . Go figure ****>>>> ? Ray

Vettech:
A recent 90 I converted to run on Hi-chill -30, suddenly stopped running or more correctly stopped making Cold.

I must admit my heart dropped a beat, its great to fix the unfixable, but when it plays up again, you start the self doubt and second guessing.

Upon visiting, the guages said plenty of gas, pheew, thats good, the last thing I want to find is a hole in the evap, or for that matter any leak.

System would not start the Compressor, some basic checks pointed to the Hi-press Cycling switch located on the liquid line into the evap.

This type are good as they can be removed without breaking into the system (Schreader Valve connected), had a fiddle and the contacts were every resistance value except open or closed circuit. As luck would have it - I had a spare. Fitted it even though its set up for R12, put a few gramms more gas in and away it went - cycling the compressor like a bought one - the owner tells me the inside vent temp is now even better than before. I think it may actually be too cold - we will see.

Before it was cold - now it's "bloody cold".

Very soon I'll be working on my 87, parts are due in from "CC" hopefully this week.

MY081:
Tell Tony to  put a Cardy on .Ray

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version