Author Topic: For Sale 2001 Corvette Z06  (Read 4459 times)

Offline VETTENUT

• Fuel Injected
  • Mood: Absolutely fantastic
For Sale 2001 Corvette Z06
« on: November 03, 2019, 10:16:25 AM »
FOR SALE
2001 Corvette Z06

SOLD
Trailer has been sold separately and no longer available.

This great example of the 2001 hardtop Corvette Z06 is offered for sale, as I am now enjoying retirement and doing the inevitable downsizing of my toys.

Always garaged and continuously registered since being imported and converted to RH drive by Performax in 2002. Kept by them as a director's vehicle for three years then sold to its 2nd Australian owner who moved abroad two years later, when he sold it to the current owner. I am a former president and current member of NSW Corvettes Club.

Affectionately known as the "Yella Terra", this Z06 has been in my care from 2007 till now. Purchased to participate in club level motorsport including supersprints, hillclimbs and motorkhanas, it has won multiple club and class championships with HSV Owners Club of NSW, NSW Corvettes, interstate Corvette challenges, and Corvette Nationals events. It has also claimed two NSW CAMS State Supersprint class titles, and third at Australian national level. It has never been involved in any collisions that I am aware of, either on or off the track.

Lap times: SMSP Gardner 1.43.5, North 1.10.3, South 1.02.2, Wakefield 1.05.8, Philip Island 1.47.
This Z06 has also won "best Corvette" and class trophies at various car shows over the years, proving it also presents well cosmetically.

Throughout its time in motorsport, various suspension, brake system, cooling systems and engine refreshing changes have been made, not only improving the performance package, but also resulting in a car that is stronger, more robust and reliable and by far better handling than the factory original.
Not driven on the track since early 2017, it is used as a weekend road cruiser, and has only travelled some 2,000 klms since then. A few months before its last track outing, the engine received an overhaul and refreshing, with some strengthening built in to the upper cylinder area.

Upgraded valve springs, Hypatech Chev pistons, Crow rocker trunion and bush kit, and mild streetable camshaft (Lunati VDLS-272). Otherwise factory spec original LS6 5.7Ltr Corvette engine tuned to 460 BHP at flywheel, in February 2016.
Cooling systems fitted to engine oil, power steering, and transaxle with oversized  power steer reservoir.  Vented crankcase. Battery relocated to boot. Upgraded air intake, LG long tube headers and 4 x 75mm Borla Big Four exhausts. Stoptech 6 piston monoblock front brakes and 4 piston rears with 350mm rotors all round. Braided hoses. Cobalt Friction street pads and race pads included.
 Yokohama AO50 R-Spec race tyres fitted to spare set of wheels. Michelin road tyres fitted to vehicle. Hotchkis upgraded front and rear sway bars. LG motorsports Camber/caster kit, bump steer kit. Front brake ducting. Coilovers with Bilstein shocks and Eibach springs all round, supplied by LG Motorsports of Texas. 250Kg downforce rear wing mounted to chassis. Front and rear tow hooks. Race seat and harness included but not fitted. Harness bar with camera mounts and extinguisher installed.

Genuine buyers only (no tyre kickers please) can contact Gary Nelson on 0409 098699 or email me at  gnel4300@bigpond.net.au.

I also have available a tilting car trailer which was purpose built for the Z06's transport. Recently repainted black and in excellent condition, the "Holiday" brand trailer is for sale at $4,000. Photos available on request.
The car and trailer are is located at Forster NSW, a little over 3 hours north of Sydney.                                               
Now living the dream in God's country!

Offline VETTENUT

• Fuel Injected
  • Mood: Absolutely fantastic
Re: For Sale 2001 Corvette Z06
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2020, 02:47:13 PM »

SOLD
Bump.....
Please note trailer sold and Z06 price reduced   :thumb:
Now living the dream in God's country!