Author Topic: September Meeting  (Read 2691 times)

Offline MY081

• I'm here. Woo Hoo! :)
  • Fuel Injected
  • Pleb
September Meeting
« on: August 14, 2019, 10:54:41 AM »
A message to all club members. At the next meeting in September we will be discussing the ability of non financial members to vote in the up and coming AGM . So if you feel you have some input for this discussion please attend this meeting or post your views on this forum or send an Email to our secretary. One or two members have spoken in the affirmative so this needs to be put to bed before October. My personal opinion is NOT FINANCIAL NO VOTE.  Thanks in advance for your input.  Ray

Offline bfit

• Don't talk of dust and roses
  • Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
  • Mood: Honey reinforced
  • Car: Yes
Re: September Meeting
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2019, 11:40:05 AM »
my view reflects that of the founding members .
read this extract form the constitution
 SEE HTE PART THAT SAYS
" BEFORE THE 1ST OF JULY IN EACH YEAR! "
People can take any part of the constitution out of context as this like  this line  trumps it all

: 8.1. A member of the association shall, upon admission to membership, pay to the association a fee of $1 or, where some other amount is determined by the committee, of that other amount.
8.2. In addition to any amount payable by the member under clause 8.1, a member of the association shall pay to the association an annual membership fee of $2 or, where some other amount is determined by the committee, of that other amount –

(a)   except as provided by paragraph (b), before 1st July in each calendar year; or

BFit

https://nswcorvettes.com.au/constitutions/NSWCorvette_Constitution.pdf
I have seen too many instances where people continue to pursue wrong courses of action because they do not take the time to think critically about what has happened in the past.’’
Winston Churchill

Offline Vettech

• Supercharged
  • The rocket sled in Steel Blue.
  • Mood: Electrofied.
  • Car: C3 78 + C4 87 + C4 90
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2019, 12:40:43 PM »
Ray.

I've found in life that people misinterpret  these type of things, for their own personal gain.

Some will say they are just stirrers or making a point - but I think most of us know the truth.

Regards.
🖕 Vettech.

Offline MY081

• Fuel Injected
  • Pleb
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2019, 03:12:13 PM »
All I want is clarity and common sense to provale . Ray

Offline jimbob

• Two Barrel
  • Great car, great club, great friends, great times
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2019, 10:07:15 PM »
I agree Ray.

Simple issue for this year's AGM.

To stand for a committee position or post a vote on positions or changes brought forward, the person must be a fully paid financial member of the club by either the closing of nominations for the committee or at the latest the day prior to the AGM to have voting rights for committee members or changes at the AGM.

Let's start with this as the basis of the rule if not already in place and allow adjustments to the rule to ensure member involvement only.

Jimbob   :cheers:

Offline MY081

• Fuel Injected
  • Pleb
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2019, 09:33:57 AM »
Thank you Jim (common sense ) Ray