Author Topic: Tonight meeting  (Read 3366 times)

Offline bfit

• Don't talk of dust and roses
  • Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
  • Mood: Honey reinforced
  • Car: Yes
Tonight meeting
« on: August 06, 2019, 10:57:07 PM »
A discussion point has been raised, TO the matter of non  financial members being able to vote at the AGM.
This  laughable proposition was raised last year as a diversion by what I can only assume are self interested members , miss representing the constitution.for their own benefit.

Hopefully next meeting, this will be resolved .
To the norm ,
that only financial members are able to vote.
We do not need any contrived situations to  distract form the true agenda at this years AGM.
Bfit
I have seen too many instances where people continue to pursue wrong courses of action because they do not take the time to think critically about what has happened in the past.’’
Winston Churchill

Offline gtc

• Supercharged
  • Car: 1970 454 Manual
Re: Tonight meeting
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2019, 12:15:06 AM »
A discussion point has been raised, TO the matter of non  financial members being able to vote at the AGM.

What are non-financial members even doing at an AGM? If they choose not to pay their membership dues, then they ought to be considered non-members.

It's C3 chromie for me, see? Si!

Offline MY081

• I'm here. Woo Hoo! :)
  • Fuel Injected
  • Pleb
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2019, 12:27:28 PM »
Totally agree with both Gentlemen . I can not believe that anybody can think that some one who is not financial can vote in our AGM . Ray

Offline bfit

• Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2019, 02:36:07 PM »
Another matter that gave me reason to be concerned from Tuesday’s meeting
Was the accusation that the secretary is not keep the membership up to date through the data Base (is emailing members) all relevant information regarding the club.
Another member made the assertion that information regarding the renewal of membership was not included in the magazine this year, again someone pointing the finger at the secretary.

I can confirm that the second back leaf in the magazine that I received had this form there to be utilised.

The club provided information on the forum, in the club magazine and unfortunately there is FB as well.
 Do we really need the secretary to be emailing members all this info as well?
 Do we need the management committee to hold our hand and leed everyone around like infants?

We don’t get the opportunity’s these days   to attend every run as we once did, however I’m not seeing those persons whom made these statement`s on Tuesday evening, attending the runs, I have been on of late. Other than the monthly meetings.

There appears to be some sort of campaign going on, to rubbish those who have stood up and gave up their time to write this ship after the failed leadership of last year’s fiasco of an AGM.

AS a club we should be able to debate ideas and issues within the club without resorting to personal assassination of those doing a good job.

On a more positive matter
There is a good run on this Sunday coming, the brass monkey,
Unfortunately, we cannot do this one, I do hope the run is well supported as members have invested considerable time in organizing this event.  the membership needs to support those who organize these runs.
Bfit
I have seen too many instances where people continue to pursue wrong courses of action because they do not take the time to think critically about what has happened in the past.’’
Winston Churchill

Offline jimbob

• Two Barrel
  • Great car, great club, great friends, great times
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2019, 06:02:57 AM »
 :pepper: :pepper: :pepper:
Here here Bfit, well said champ. :hi: :hi: :hi:

Offline bfit

• Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2019, 12:57:11 PM »
I think it would be a good idea that anyone not paided up by the next meeting gets a termination letter, as the constitution says.
Fees, subscriptions, etc.
: 8.1. A member of the association shall, upon admission to membership, pay to the association a fee of $1 or, where some other amount is determined by the committee, of that other amount.
8.2. In addition to any amount payable by the member under clause 8.1, a member of the association shall pay to the association an annual membership fee of $2 or, where some other amount is determined by the committee, of that other amount –

(a)   except as provided by paragraph (b), before 1st July in each calendar year; or

BFit

https://nswcorvettes.com.au/constitutions/NSWCorvette_Constitution.pdf

Winston Churchill