Author Topic: COFFEE RUN TO HUBERTUS CLUB  (Read 10714 times)

Offline toyvet

• Tri Powered
  • Club Plate Registrar
COFFEE RUN TO HUBERTUS CLUB
« on: July 10, 2019, 06:25:53 PM »
HELLO CLUB MEMBERS ON HISTORIC PLATES
IF YOU ARE GOING TO HUBERTUS CLUB THIS SUNDAY USE RUN NUMBER ( CPR O15 )

REGARDS
JORGE ( HISTORIC PLATE REGISTRAR )

Offline jimbob

• Two Barrel
  • Great car, great club, great friends, great times
Re: COFFEE RUN TO HUBERTUS CLUB
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2019, 07:12:18 PM »
Why? We already have a run organised? Why do we advertise other events in competition to ours? why?

Offline MY081

• I'm here. Woo Hoo! :)
  • Fuel Injected
  • Pleb
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2019, 07:20:14 PM »
I agree . Especially when we have members who only attend this venue and do not attend any other club events . Not sure why we issue run numbers for this venue maybe it needs discussion at the next Committee Meeting . Has anyone got thoughts on this. Ray

Offline Vettech

• Supercharged
  • The rocket sled in Steel Blue.
  • Mood: Electrofied.
  • Car: C3 78 + C4 87 + C4 90
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2019, 07:45:54 PM »
This has reverted to an "also run" organised by others, howver, members have asked for a run number.

Some will not come to club organised social runs ?! - this is their perogative, they are the ones missing out.

Most who go to Club runs take their better half, whilst Hubertus etc are for guys to look at cars - most wives are not interested after 3 cars.

The world is full of people hard to please,  we need to concentrate on those who are interested.

Regards. - Oh the pics will be on tomorrow and  we are having an issue with Monkies.
🖕 Vettech.

Offline Vettech

• Supercharged
  • The rocket sled in Steel Blue.
  • Mood: Electrofied.
  • Car: C3 78 + C4 87 + C4 90
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2019, 07:49:01 PM »
Update

Monkies is up in the Event calender
🖕 Vettech.

Offline bfit

• Don't talk of dust and roses
  • Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
  • Mood: Honey reinforced
  • Car: Yes
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2019, 08:09:25 PM »
I’m all for variety, however Jim has POINT.
BFIT
I have seen too many instances where people continue to pursue wrong courses of action because they do not take the time to think critically about what has happened in the past.’’
Winston Churchill

Offline 68 Vet

• Car: 1968 Corvette Convertible
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2019, 09:28:23 AM »
Why would you put a club run on the same day as Hubertus club? The club run is the one that conflicts! everyone knows the Hubertus club is on the second Sunday of EVERY month. We normally get at least 10-15 Corvettes at the Hubertus club EVERY month.

Offline jimbob

• Two Barrel
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2019, 03:15:42 PM »
toyvet    (Jorge)

Does last week's Hubertus run count as one of the three minimum events that members must go on to keep Historic Rego membership?

Offline MY081

• Fuel Injected
  • Pleb
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2019, 03:39:18 PM »
The answer is simple. Hubertus is not one of our runs , it is mentioned in our Magazine as an alternative when we don't have a run on that  date. There are heaps of events on every weekend by lots of club. WE organize runs for our club not for other clubs. As you say Hubertus is on every second Sunday Jims run was one run run once. Some of our members put a lot of work into making these  runs happen and I think it would be great to show the appreciation they deserve. Our show n shine also clashes .also our xmas in July. My thoughts Ray   

Offline MY081

• Fuel Injected
  • Pleb
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2019, 03:57:16 PM »
Good question Jim,it is not a club run as such so maybe something we need to clarify. Ray

Offline bfit

• Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2019, 04:15:48 PM »

Interesting
check out  pinkies   
http://pinky.com.au/Temp/
This sit will show  most of the car runs that are on in Australia.
check and see just how many clash.
 I don't think the vette club nor any other club goes out of its way to have runs  on just to make life hard for those who may have to chose one run over another.
I for one did not know that  Hubertus had these runs until a few months back.
And it should ne noted that not ever club member is interested in parking their car on the grass and talk cars all day.

some may say ever second Sunday would clash with the football , swim carnival , nippers  etc
It all comes down to preferences, there is room for everyone.
Bfit
 Ps  Hubertus  has a very good indoor Range , worth checking out next time your there.
I have seen too many instances where people continue to pursue wrong courses of action because they do not take the time to think critically about what has happened in the past.’’
Winston Churchill

Offline bfit

• Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2019, 04:25:38 PM »
Mmm it doesn't look like the pinkies page is working.
another thing I didn't know.
Bfit
Winston Churchill

Offline bfit

• Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2019, 04:31:12 PM »
HELLO CLUB MEMBERS ON HISTORIC PLATES
IF YOU ARE GOING TO HUBERTUS CLUB THIS SUNDAY USE RUN NUMBER ( CPR O15 )

REGARDS
JORGE ( HISTORIC PLATE REGISTRAR )

I like the way Jorge has worded his post here .
I see he is tyring to work with members to provide club support  all  members and their requirement.
Bfit
Winston Churchill

Offline jimbob

• Two Barrel
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2019, 10:13:27 AM »
For our club to give out run numbers for events organised by another car club (eg whoever runs Hubertus) our club needs to be officially invited in writing by that club to attend.  Without that, then no club run number.

Our “3 runs per year” should be clarified by the fact that they are runs, including our monthly meeting organised by Nsw corvettes only. If our club is officially invited in writing and we accept, then a run number can be given and used as one of the 3 events.

We should not accept any invitation to another car club event on days where we have our own organised event. I think that is obvious and the way the 3 runs per year intention was supposed to work.

My thoughts, Jimbob  :thud:

Offline 68 Vet

• Car: 1968 Corvette Convertible
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2019, 01:42:19 PM »
Since the NSW Corvette Club has not been officially invited IN WRITING to attend the Hubertus Club, why was it given a run number and in the official magazine as a run for the last several months? Just wondering!

Offline bfit

• Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2019, 02:27:53 PM »
Well you can see how things can escalate, when things are cherry picked from the magazines, club rules etc and used as gospel.

The magazine is there to inform members of all news worthy information that is  related to motor vehicles in general.

The club rules speak for them self.

We as a club, need to be inclusive and cater for all our members requirements.
Our members are not restricted to only this club, some would be involved with several groups. Vettes, muscles cars, race orientated clubs etc.
One can see that members, will have their own priorities when it come to what runs they will participate in.
This subject  is one of the many small dilemmas that needs to be talked out at a meeting!
Bfit
Winston Churchill

Offline MY081

• Fuel Injected
  • Pleb
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2019, 03:17:13 PM »
Hubertus has never been an official NSW Corvettes Unlimited run. Ray

Offline bfit

• Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2019, 04:16:30 PM »
VP you can make an executive decision.
That guy trump  that runs the big US club does it all the time ,
Bfit
Winston Churchill

Offline rosco

• Four Barrel
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2019, 04:19:12 PM »
Looking at the run number put out by the club registra it states CPR in its start. If I understand this correctly this means Club personnel Number.
It does not go to the clubs requirement of 3 runs .
It is a run number for a member or members wishing to attend a non corvette unlimited run.
We need to calm the farm here really.
People will attend what they like and will not be bullied to attend events.
The desive nature to club Historic plate members in regards to runs and there requirements to maintain membership and registration of there car within this club and could lead to legal action. No such requirement is required of any full plate member and could be very clearly defined as devise, bulling and harassing.
Other clubs have already seen this possible action coming and have dropped the subjective and political incorrect use of requirements to some members and not others.
Just some food for thought but step carefully as it's more than real.

Best regards Rosco

Offline bfit

• Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2019, 04:37:03 PM »
AS far as I know there is only one member still operating on the old club historic system . All the others are on the new 60 day system.
I have not seen anything that integrates the two systems. Hence I would think  that a good portion of the historic plate constitution  would be redundant.
its quite obvious that  in due coarse the government will run this system and charge accordingly,

Do not underestimate the government need to make  the user pay. Every body except them serve's that is. 
Bfit
Winston Churchill