• Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
  • Mood: Honey reinforced
  • Car: Yes
hello
« on: April 09, 2019, 03:46:40 PM »
silence is golden they say , in here it is deafening 
Bfit
I have seen too many instances where people continue to pursue wrong courses of action because they do not take the time to think critically about what has happened in the past.’’
Winston Churchill

Offline Vettech

• Supercharged
  • The rocket sled in Steel Blue.
  • Mood: Electrofied.
  • Car: C3 78 + C4 87 + C4 90
Re: hello
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019, 05:18:58 PM »
Whats up Bfit, nothing to do, I'm polishing, A/C working great, fixed up rear rubbers, fixed curtain latch, fixed A/c dash unit, put all dash and centre comsol back together, cleaning & blacking all int/ext black bits. NOW to find the polishing machine, I wonder how it works, bought new, never used.   hj
🖕 Vettech.

Offline jagsy

• Tri Powered
  • Mood: Always happy
  • Car: 2008 Z06 Jetstream Blue
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2019, 08:57:43 PM »
Busy ordering LED front lights and kegging beer :)

Offline bfit

• Don't talk of dust and roses
  • Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2019, 09:22:14 PM »
Well vette nothing of any significance has happened in the club in the last few weeks .
One good run and what else ?
Jagsy
Two good pastimes .
Light beer.

I have seen too many instances where people continue to pursue wrong courses of action because they do not take the time to think critically about what has happened in the past.’’
Winston Churchill

Offline Vettech

• Supercharged
  • The rocket sled in Steel Blue.
  • Mood: Electrofied.
  • Car: C3 78 + C4 87 + C4 90
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2019, 10:24:48 PM »
I always thought un-kegging the beer was the best pastime!..   .kp
🖕 Vettech.

Offline Scott

• Tri Powered
  • Shed Dweller
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2019, 07:56:44 AM »
I'm cleaning 40 years of grime off an oldsmobile engine.  Fun.

Offline jagsy

• Tri Powered
  • Mood: Always happy
  • Car: 2008 Z06 Jetstream Blue
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2019, 10:02:05 PM »
So 2 topics C6 led front lights and kegging beer.

Topic 1 - kegging beer, nice and easy compared to using bottles.  My home brew beer is great and in Brew mode after a warm summer of drink mode.  5 kegs to fill LOL.

Topic 2 - C6 led front lights.  I had 2 missions here, 1) to replace the butchered fog lamp housing; and 2 to put white light in the low and high beam.

The fog lamp housing was butchered during the left to right conversion for DRL. I have previously put my white LED DRLs into the indicator position and they also blink amber.  The butchered fog lamp housing was letting in water and was a poor light so a new housing and leds have been installed - they are awesome.

The high beams was an easy replacement with white leds - they are awesome.

The low beams are still a WIP.  The USA websites recommended HIDs, this actually is an improvement to the OEM low beam HIDs.  So I got new HIDs but the left to right conversion butchered the connections.  The HID ballasts are still there but the wires have been butchered.  So I’ve ordered new connectors now and finger crossed we can make it work. WIP

First impressions of the white fog lamps and high beams are awesome

Offline bfit

• Don't talk of dust and roses
  • Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2019, 10:11:16 PM »
So 2 topics C6 led front lights and kegging beer.

Topic 1 - kegging beer, nice and easy compared to using bottles.  My home brew beer is great and in Brew mode after a warm summer of drink mode.  5 kegs to fill LOL.

Topic 2 - C6 led front lights.  I had 2 missions here, 1) to replace the butchered fog lamp housing; and 2 to put white light in the low and high beam.

The fog lamp housing was butchered during the left to right conversion for DRL. I have previously put my white LED DRLs into the indicator position and they also blink amber.  The butchered fog lamp housing was letting in water and was a poor light so a new housing and leds have been installed - they are awesome.

The high beams was an easy replacement with white leds - they are awesome.

The low beams are still a WIP.  The USA websites recommended HIDs, this actually is an improvement to the OEM low beam HIDs.  So I got new HIDs but the left to right conversion butchered the connections.  The HID ballasts are still there but the wires have been butchered.  So I’ve ordered new connectors now and finger crossed we can make it work. WIP

First impressions of the white fog lamps and high beams are awesome

Sounds like a performax  conversion
Bfit
Winston Churchill

Offline mention1

• Four Barrel
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2019, 02:34:52 PM »

I think there is a little bit in this for all of us!

Offline StephenSLR

• Fuel Injected
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2019, 07:39:18 PM »
I'm noticing this in car forums of late. Maybe the dreaded facebook is catching up with the car forums or perhaps the high USD is steering people away from US cars.

s