Author Topic: Imported C4 Corvette - 1987 Significant Battery drain - need wiring diagrams  (Read 2314 times)

Offline mchughfamily@bigpond.com

• I'm new here
  • Car: C4 Corvette - 1987
Hi All,

Im new to Corvette's and new to this forum and was directed here by a friend.
I bought an Imported  C4 Corvette manufacture / build date of 1987.
I have a significant battery drain - some 3 amps. Sounds like a lot.
The Auto Electrician in Bathurst has asked me if I have wring diagrams and if not to obtain some if possible. The issue appears to be from the Curtesy / Interior lights circuit. Can any one help a very desperate new owner. Please!
I'm a member of the Goo Blass (Orange NSW Historic Vehicle club), but its not a dedicated Corvette club - with lots and lots of different car brands and models, so my help there is very limited.
Regards,
Brendan
Thank you to 'GTC' who sent me a link to the Electrical Wiring diagrams at Corvette parts worldwide. I immediately bought and downloaded the info - brilliant. Great web site too.
Thanks so much 'GTC'

Offline gtc

• Supercharged
  • Car: 1970 454 Manual
It's C3 chromie for me, see? Si!

Offline coradict72

• Four Barrel
Locally you might try our sponsor chev parts  at Yennora       google it     he can get or has the service manual
and electrical for each C4 year Ian Morris  will guide you...cheers

Offline sirfixalot

• Fuel Injected
  • Committee Member & Tech Adviser C3-C4
The problem is with the light delay dimmer it is located on Rh side of instrument cluster has a pink, orange,3x white wires & a black wire it is strapped to main loom. Is a known problem for them to go  short circuit/come on intermittently if you need any more info call me