Technical Tips > Brakes, Suspensions, Steering, Wheels & Tyres

Z07 optioned car, that does not appear to have selective ride and handling?

(1/2) > >>

jklumpp:
I have a 91 model coupe that I have owned for about 1.5 years now, and which is my first corvette....
Whilst preparing to replace the brake rotors on the weekend, I found that the replacements I purchased were a different size to the ones on the car.... a bit of google research, and checking the RPO codes I found I have the J55 brake package with 13" rotors!
That led me to doing a little more research on the RPO codes on my car, and I have found that it has the FE7 suspension, FX3 selective ride handling, Z07 Adjustable performance handling package...
From what I understand, the FX3 selective ride handling has the control dial in the centre console - but my car does not.
My shocks also do not appear to have any electronic components, which I would expect they should....?
My car was imported into Australia in 1999 and converted to right hand drive, but it seems odd to me that something like the selective ride handling would be removed?
Everything else appears to align - except that my car is now yellow instead of white, and has the bronze clear roof rather than the Blue tint shown on the RPO codes.... and yes, the VIN on the RPO codes does match the VIN on the car.
What am I missing?
What other things should I look for on the car to confirm the options?

gtc:
What other things should I look for on the car to confirm the options?

Obtain a copy of the build sheet?

https://www.corvettemuseum.org/learn/library-archives/build-sheets-window-stickers/

jklumpp:
Wouldn't that just replicate the codes on the RPO sticker?

gtc:

--- Quote from: jklumpp on November 22, 2018, 09:30:33 AM ---Wouldn't that just replicate the codes on the RPO sticker?

--- End quote ---

Yes, if the RPO sticker you have is really the original one.

jklumpp:
I checked the VIN on the sticker against the VIN on the car, and all matches up, so I would assume it's correct?

I was thinking more about checking actual hardware on the car - obviously I don't have electronic dampers or the console switch, and I cant see the control unit which I believe should be in with the ABS - so it looks like the FX3 component has been completely removed.

As I understand it, the Z07 option included the FX3 selective ride (which I appear to not have), The J55 brake upgrade (which I do have), and KC4 Oil Cooler (which I have). Information I have read says the Z07 option combined the previous Z51 performance handling option with the FX3 selective ride, however my car has the FE7 High Performance suspension listed on the RPO codes - is that usual?
What does the FE7 suspension contain, and how do I tell if the it's still installed?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version