Author Topic: Does everyone's opinion truly matter?  (Read 2126 times)

Offline bfit

• Don't talk of dust and roses
  • Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
  • Mood: Honey reinforced
  • Car: Yes
Does everyone's opinion truly matter?
« on: October 22, 2018, 11:23:17 AM »
My thoughts
Our club runs on committee governance system. Based on the Westminster system of governance.
 This system if based on the debate of ideas, with the assumption  the   outcome in the end is an inclusive majority decision accepted based on majority will prevail. 
Let’s look at freedom of speech
Freedom of speech is the ability to speak without censorship or limitation.
 IMO when freedom of speech is limited, in the media or gaged in governance. This happens When there is something afoot the majority are being shield from for one reason or another.
“Posts on any subject”
If posts a courteous, fact based, polite without any derogatory personal unfounded statements and/or personal and vulgar innuendo, I personally cannot see why any such comment cannot be posted on the forum .
There is no point in posting your opinion on other forms of media, if the demography of your target message is here on this forum.

Bob Fitzsimmons
alias Bfit
edited 2.12 ( I left a word out )

I have seen too many instances where people continue to pursue wrong courses of action because they do not take the time to think critically about what has happened in the past.’’
Winston Churchill

Offline Hallsy

• Four Barrel
  • I miss the old days.
  • Mood: Always happy.
Re: Does everyone's opinion truly matter?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 02:35:52 PM »
Please don’t throw chalk at me, prof J but.......
.....I didn’t get harrumph outa that guy. (you tube, blazing saddles, the 18 second version.).
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said.
But I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant.😱