Author Topic: Corvette related items  (Read 2988 times)

Offline MY081

• I'm here. Woo Hoo! :)
  • Fuel Injected
  • Pleb
Corvette related items
« on: October 20, 2018, 05:27:16 PM »
As far as I'm aware the forum is for sharing the love of Corvettes and shared Corvette experiences, but not exclusively and is wide reaching in topic and volume. Maybe Peterp can attend the next GM meeting and explain his posts as we have had no problems in the past.  Criticism is to be dealt with in a democratic way not brushed aside. I personally feel this to be a bully tactic. I'm quite prepared to discuss this with any interested parties, I can be contacted on 0412 469275   And I hope this post will not be removed.  Ray

Offline Vettech

• Supercharged
  • The rocket sled in Steel Blue.
  • Mood: Electrofied.
  • Car: C3 78 + C4 87 + C4 90
Re: Corvette related items
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2018, 05:40:27 PM »
Unfortunatley PeterP is our webmaster, his equip is the site that host our Website.

He would not do this unless pressured by Peter Brookes.

My grandmother came from Prussia, if she saw these shenanagens she  would turn over in her grave.

How does the saying go - truth and freedom of speech are the first to go.
🖕 Vettech.

Offline bfit

• Don't talk of dust and roses
  • Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
  • Mood: Honey reinforced
  • Car: Yes
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2018, 05:43:57 PM »
Ray the moderator is there to look after the forum and the club interests. In the past it was Cam . May be Peterp was there as well. I don’t know.
I accept his decision,  although I wonder why the decision was made as the tone of the posts are quit reasonable. This smacks of a cover up.
I am now more concerned  about the direction of the club in to the future , than I was before the decision to closing of the treads.
 I will attend the committee meeting before GM on the  5th November and of course as an observer and take no part on the conversations.
Bfit
I have seen too many instances where people continue to pursue wrong courses of action because they do not take the time to think critically about what has happened in the past.’’
Winston Churchill

Offline Vettech

• Supercharged
  • The rocket sled in Steel Blue.
  • Mood: Electrofied.
  • Car: C3 78 + C4 87 + C4 90
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2018, 05:57:34 PM »
Ah - thats great. Very few understand that they are entitled as members to attend monthly meetings as well as Committee meetings.

They normally dont take part, but it is allowed that ordinary members can ask question for clarification of subjects.

This is normal college style meeting practice, used in Aust and the Westminister System.
🖕 Vettech.

Offline bfit

• Don't talk of dust and roses
  • Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
  • Mood: Honey reinforced
  • Car: Yes
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2018, 06:28:21 PM »
One would hope our committee meetings a more courteous and polite that that of question time in our state and Australian federal parliaments.
 Bfit
I have seen too many instances where people continue to pursue wrong courses of action because they do not take the time to think critically about what has happened in the past.’’
Winston Churchill

Offline peterp

• Administrator
  • Four Barrel
    • Your IT Help
  • Mood: On the bright side
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2018, 06:44:29 PM »
This is way off topic.

If you must discuss club politics please use private messaging or email.

Topic closed.

Peterp
Chuck Norris is so tough that he can sneeze with his eyes open!