Author Topic: Annual Show & Shine - Cancelled.  (Read 13760 times)

Offline gtc

• Supercharged
  • Car: 1970 454 Manual
Re: Annual Show & Shine - Cancelled.
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2018, 05:25:27 PM »
I have no problems with your posts. AFAIK, free speech hasn't been banned in this country.
It's C3 chromie for me, see? Si!

Offline MY081

• I'm here. Woo Hoo! :)
  • Fuel Injected
  • Pleb
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2018, 05:55:57 PM »
Nothing in yours or any other post on this forum as far as I can see is out of order.  I'm sure the offended members will be only too glad to discuss the issues with you at the next meeting.  I personally don't agree with every post on here, but I will defend everybody's right to voice there opinion. Ray

Offline Vettech

• Supercharged
  • The rocket sled in Steel Blue.
  • Mood: Electrofied.
  • Car: C3 78 + C4 87 + C4 90
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2018, 08:25:56 PM »
Yeah all that stuffs very good, but now down to tin tacks.

Ive been thinking about what you said Bfit. You know re-imbursment.

I went out of my way to purchase a vehicle especially to exhibit AND win a trophy. A very good vehicle that had better than average chance of a win.

Im out of pocket many dollars, and no trophy to show for it. My wife would need that trophy as a selling point if I fall off the perch.

Now she has nothing....... albeit a very nice car, but no trophy. (And no, I win one the hard way or not at all)

Regards.
🖕 Vettech.

Offline bfit

• Don't talk of dust and roses
  • Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
  • Mood: Honey reinforced
  • Car: Yes
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2018, 08:32:52 PM »
Yeah all that stuffs very good, but now down to tin tacks.

Ive been thinking about what you said Bfit. You know re-imbursment.

I went out of my way to purchase a vehicle especially to exhibit AND win a trophy. A very good vehicle that had better than average chance of a win.

Im out of pocket many dollars, and no trophy to show for it. My wife would need that trophy as a selling point if I fall off the perch.

Now she has nothing....... albeit a very nice car, but no trophy. (And no, I win one the hard way or not at all)

Regards.
Well vette although I  feel for you, a vehicle does not fall into the parameters of accomodation  etc costs.
Bfit
I have seen too many instances where people continue to pursue wrong courses of action because they do not take the time to think critically about what has happened in the past.’’
Winston Churchill

Offline Vettech

• Supercharged
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2018, 10:03:37 PM »
Whats this parameters bit. There was no fine print !?..
🖕 Vettech.

Offline Mars

• Nothing fancy
  • I listen to everybody's opinion
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2018, 08:36:15 AM »
Bfit you are 100% correct and entitled to post your view. You are not being rude, if somebody does not agee with your view that is their problem. Mario.

Offline gtc

• Supercharged
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2018, 08:40:18 AM »
Im out of pocket many dollars, and no trophy to show for it.

Bummer. Bit like spending $200 million making a movie and not even getting a mention at the Oscars.

Offline MY081

• I'm here. Woo Hoo! :)
  • Fuel Injected
  • Pleb
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2018, 09:32:18 AM »
How about we discuss this at the next meeting !!!!  All concerned should attend, especially those who have made posts and more importantly those who have taken offence and/or made a complaint to the committee.  I feel there should be no more mention of this subject until all those who are making the complaints can justify them in person.  Actually I personally believe there is no problem with any of the statements that have been posted on the forum. Ray

Offline Vettech

• Supercharged
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2018, 09:46:38 AM »
Some thoughts for reflection, albiet from a dictionary via google:

🖕 Vettech.

Offline bfit

• Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2018, 10:09:02 AM »
This is so interesting
The forum has not been this alive since the FB page opened.
Now all this debate is just that, I see some how I am the main instigator of the criticism of the discussion on cancel the S&S.
I have made comments on the show and S&S I believe all have been accurate in historical fact as I know it.

I have heard innuendo ( EDIT 10.35  in relation to the cancellation of the S&S) about persons on the previous committee of which I can not comment as I do not have  the facts concerning those innuendos.   
However the statements have been made .

Now Ray has made a good point as this is escalating ,  its should be noted that  there is an email out  that not everyone is cc,d into, interesting to read.
I will not post it here . 
I will bring  copies to the next GM.

Before and after the AGM
I have expressed to a number of people and Peter Brooke’s himself that he could make a good president.
Even though he did not get the committee he wanted , they should give him a go. As no one who (EDIT wrong word ) put their hand up for the job.
I am now not of that opinion.
Bob Fitzsimmons
I have seen too many instances where people continue to pursue wrong courses of action because they do not take the time to think critically about what has happened in the past.’’
Winston Churchill

Offline gtc

• Supercharged
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2018, 11:33:20 AM »
I got an email that talks about "violation of any International or United States Federal law".

Last time I looked we were still the Commonwealth of Australia. I guess we're now the 51st State.  :huh:

Offline bfit

• Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2018, 12:34:33 PM »
I got an email that talks about "violation of any International or United States Federal law".

Last time I looked we were still the Commonwealth of Australia. I guess we're now the 51st State.  :huh:
Mate you need to be careful there with that statement.
There is a lot of conjecture about  this subject, if there are any  native American persons on ths forum  they may take you to task on this subject, ( by native American I mean anyone who was born in the USA or to born to parents whom are USA citizens or are naturalised American citizens I trust I covered that correctly )   on the forum.
generally they say 50 states some say 51 states, but if you delve into the subject its gets the debate raging.
There is states , district's, and territories, look up the ''Mandela Effect'' If in fact the subject interests you.
It did Interested me at one stage for a very short time.
Bfit
its worth the exercise
Winston Churchill

Offline Vettech

• Supercharged
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2018, 01:22:41 PM »
Its safer just to say the Lower 48, that I believe deletes Alaska and Hawaii.

Those states are a bit like our state W.A - Wait Awhile, sorry Western Australia.

There could have been more states, between the end of the American (1885 i tink) Civil War and ~1909 the Canadians were obssesed with an invasion
by the US.

So we could of had ~60 states, plus they did or do own Porto Ricco, Phillipines, Cuba - OMG the US WAS A Colonial power just like France, Brittain and Aust.

Regards.
🖕 Vettech.

Offline bfit

• Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2018, 02:03:43 PM »
We are changing directions some what here  from the heading of this thread.
BUT
The USA is still a colonel power, a major one in My opinion  (IMO)
The problem is that the majority of countries do not realize they are subservient to the US of A.

Like  Australia being lead my the nose where ever the USA goes.
IMO
Bfit
Winston Churchill

Offline peterp

• Administrator
  • Four Barrel
    • Your IT Help
  • Mood: On the bright side
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2018, 04:31:20 PM »
This thread has now been closed.

Please leave discussions on club politics out of the forum. The forum was created to share the love of Corvettes and to share experiences.

If you have a problem with the club please direct your enquiry to the NSW Corvettes Committee page, attend a committee meeting or use private messaging.

https://nswcorvettes.com.au/committee.htm

All posts that are not within the best interest of the forum will be deleted.

Peterp
Chuck Norris is so tough that he can sneeze with his eyes open!