Technical Tips > Interiors - Trim - Seats - Carpets

Changing seats in a 69

(1/3) > >>

Mijbril:
Am thinking of swapping out the standard seats in my 69 for the clam seats from a 79+ C3.

Fitment issues aside, which one sits higher? Head room is at a premium & so the lower I can sit, the better.

Thanks in advance, Brad

bfit:
brad
first , How tall are you

you will have to go aftermarket to get more head room
or do away with the seat tracks and gain a little extra  look at the C5/6 seats
Bfit

Mijbril:
I'm 6'4". At the moment I tend to just drive my car when I can take the tops off as it is a bit uncomfortable otherwise, but yesterday I sat in a 79 with it's  standard clam shell seats & glass tops & it was very comfortable.

So I'm looking at a combination of both, glass tops (where there seems to be a bewildering array of choices but must be able to get an interior sun shade, my missus hates the sun. Any vendors you'd reliably recommend?) & a change in seats. Again, re aftermarket seats, a lot of information but little definitive provided about "this seat is lower than the standard seat in a 69".

So anything definitive information is very appreciated

Cheers, Brad

bfit:
I have no personal experiance with the glass tops , other than I k ow they give problems in fit and cracking.
Sun would be a problem ,IMO.
 The 69 seats are not the best for comfort, a spurt board would be better,
The later c3 seats are better ,
There is a member , Peter , he would be 6’4’’ or so, he may see this and give you some info.

Keep an eye on this
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c3-general/4180363-tall-guy-is-c3.html
This is a US FORUM  I was reading this today  it may give you some ideas as it progresses
Bfit

Mijbril:
I should be grateful I don't need a tilt column to get in & out I guess, lol. I don't mind glass tops though, they make a big difference in my MR2 over a hardtop.

The 79 seats felt like sinking into the chair rather thang sitting on the chair as it is now.

Will see about lowering the seats & thanks for the help & link to the US site, I'll ask the Americans (& find Peter) some questions.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version