General Discussion Area > Corvette Related Chat

good auto electrician in WOLLONGONG AREA

<< < (2/3) > >>

jamo72:
Hi all,

Thanks Matt for posting about my vette issues. I have logged in an look forward to some assistance. As mentioned its a 75 4sp and the lights pop up ok, but the actual lights drop in and out and flash a bit. When high beam is pushed on floor the brake light on dash is lit and the Tacho has now stopped. Tacho not a problem, just the weird light issue. I guess because the wiring is copper coated in plastic, I would guess it has deteriorated over time. As mentioned Im in Wollongong and hope to find a good auto electrician who knows vettes in the Gong, but happy to head a bit further if needed.
Thanks,
Mark

sirfixalot:
Sounds like someone has put a dash back lite in the brake lite hole  brake lite should have a tan & pink wires.Does the brake lite work with handbrake? The dash lites have a single grey wire & earth thru the case of instrument cluster. The headlites flashing is possibly the dipper switch on floor is dicky easy to bridge out Yellow is power tan is low lite green is high make up a small bridge to  bypass switch. If that is ok headlite switch has an inbuilt thermal circuit breaker usually operates because higher wattage headlite globes have been fitted.Check wattage, disconnect one lite see if fault still occurs, wire headlites thru relays for high / low beam, replace defective switch

jamo72:
Thanks for the help guys. I have spoke to an auto electrician south of Wollongong who has worked on vettes. I will pass on the advice to him. Cheers, Mark

Orange72:
Who’s the auto electrician & how’d things work out? I’m from Yarra and can’t say I’ve had any real
Luck with auto electrical services locally.

gtc:
Sirfixalot is pretty handy with Vette electricals.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version