Author Topic: Lost in the 50s Car Museum  (Read 3495 times)

Offline MY081

• I'm here. Woo Hoo! :)
  • Fuel Injected
  • Pleb
Lost in the 50s Car Museum
« on: May 04, 2018, 02:22:19 PM »
Hi all Lost in the 50s Classic Car Museum are closing there doors , last open day is 23 September . Then all cars will be auctioned .

Offline bfit

• Don't talk of dust and roses
  • Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
  • Mood: Honey reinforced
  • Car: Yes
Re: Lost in the 50s Car Museum
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2018, 03:26:25 PM »
I wander  if the buildings are up for sale.
they would be worth buying at a fire sale price.
Bfit
I have seen too many instances where people continue to pursue wrong courses of action because they do not take the time to think critically about what has happened in the past.’’
Winston Churchill

Offline Vettech

• Supercharged
  • The rocket sled in Steel Blue.
  • Mood: Electrofied.
  • Car: C3 78 + C4 87 + C4 90
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2018, 03:45:30 PM »
Sorry to show my ignorance, but which Museum????.

At Gosford, or the private one down Picton way..
🖕 Vettech.

Offline MY081

• I'm here. Woo Hoo! :)
  • Fuel Injected
  • Pleb
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2018, 05:38:35 PM »
No not Gosford . It's nearer to Newcastle . Called Lost in the 50s !!!

Offline StephenSLR

• Fuel Injected
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2018, 01:50:41 PM »
Taken from Facebook:

To all our family, friends, volunteers and supporters.
Kelly and I have decided that after 6 wonderful years of showcasing our personal display at The lostinthe50s Museum , that's it now the right time to call it a day, and close the doors on what has been a wonderful time in our lives.

After 35 years of collecting, we have had the ride of our lives and we have enjoyed sharing the passion with so many that have been lucky enough to visit, We have been blessed with the memories and friendships we created and privileged to have been guardians of a brilliant collection of Americas most beautiful automobiles and a lifetime of memorabilia collecting that still leaves me in awe to this day.

Kelly and I cant thank enough our team at the Museum, our fantastic volunteers who every month year after year turned out and became the very fabric of our place, and who for many took the museum on as their own, We will never be able to thank you enough.

To all our visitors and guests who travelled internationally , Nationally and locally we hope you enjoyed our museum as much as we have, and we hope we have left some lasting special memory of a very special place to visit.

So, thank you for all who made the Museum the special place it is , We look forward to spending more time with the kids and grandkids and seeing you all at Car shows as we will never lose the passion and excitement for the urge to get "Lostinthe50s."

The Museum will officially close on Monday 24 September..
With the entire collection going up for sale with 2 Mega auctions, to be conducted on site at the museum with the Cars , boats, motorcycles, caravans and memorabilia going under the hammer on Saturday 20 and Sunday 21 Oct and the Giant memorabilia auction going under the hammer over 3 days , Friday 30 Nov , Saturday 1st and Sunday 2nd Dec 2018.

So for those that haven't seen our Collection, we have 5 more open days until the doors are closed for the last time, You can come and view the auction items as everything in the Museum , apart from a few items we cant let go, will be for sale..

Final open days for 2018.

Sunday 27 May 930-230
Sunday 24 June 930-230
Sunday 22 July 930-230
Sunday 19 August 930-230
Sunday 23 September 930-230

Auction enquiries .. Ashley Burns Principal and Auctioneer.
Burns & Co .Auctioneers.
Ashley@burnsandco.com.au
www.burnsandco.com.au

Kelly and I and the girls look forward to seeing you all at our final open days over the next few months and we will keep you all posted on our facebook page as we roll towards the auction dates. We would love for you all to share our message and from the bottom of our hearts , we thank you for being part of such a wonderful time in our lives..

Always ,
Glen Kelly Sam Ash and Liv.

https://www.facebook.com/lostinthe50smuseum/posts/2160841993942285

https://www.lostinthe50s.com.au/

s