Technical Tips > Pre 84

Putting the Vette back together - Random question time.

(1/3) > >>

Scott:
After way too long I'm slowly putting the vette back together.

Before I pulled it all apart I remember the speedo cable being a little too long.  Now that I have a TKO in place of the auto box, there is an extra half metre of adapter cable.  The original speedo cable is 2m long and I need something about 1.2m long.  A quick google hasn't turned up anything as yet, but does anyone have ideas as to what's available?

Next, I'm aware I'm missing a bunch of the aircon ducting, but I've noticed the demister ducting is way to short.  Am I missing a part or has the duct been cut back for who knows what reason.  If it's been cut, I'll just tape it up and make it work, but if I'm missing more bits I guess I'll have to chase more bits up.

stingray:
Hi Scott, there was a speedo repairer cable maker at  Glossop St. St Marys don't know his number but check him out

bfit:
Is this RHD

Vettech:
Yes "Attspeed Auto Inst", at 1/35-37 Glossip St. St Mary's.

Ive used them for clock and other instruments.

Also they will make to measure cables, ive had the C3 cruise to box done. Some time ago though.

9833-0055

Regards.

Scott:
Car is still LHD, so all original as a 73 with an 81 front end and dash can be.  I imported is, so I'm the only person who's played with it in this country.

I'm on the Gold Coast, so a Sydney Speedo cable guy unfortunately isn't the easiest to deal with.  I didn't think of a custom cable. I'll look up if there are some local.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version