Author Topic: C5 Corvette Headlights  (Read 8019 times)

Offline Colin55

• I'm new here
  • Car: 2003 C5 Coupe
C5 Corvette Headlights
« on: February 24, 2018, 10:21:32 AM »
Hi, I'm new to this forum, so I apologize beforehand if this question has been asked before or if I have it in the wrong area. Firstly, a bit of my history. I'm originally from Perth WA but I have lived in Canada for the past 14 years. I have owned my 2003 50th Anniversary C5 Coupe for the last 3 years and am returning to Perth around May this year and wish to bring my Vette with me. I have already sourced legal red/orange taillights for it but my question is concerning the headlights. Can anyone tell me how to make the headlights so that they are legal in Australia? By that, I mean, so that when dipping the lights from hi-beam, the lights point to the left (and not to the right as in America). Someone suggested just adjusting the globes to the left as far as possible, but won't that affect the position of the hi-beams? Thanks in advance. 

Offline Panther

• Four Barrel
  • Car: Custom C5
Re: C5 Corvette Headlights
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2018, 11:17:26 AM »
Not sure but the were available through GM as Euro Right Hand Rule of Road, check Connell Chev in Costa Measa, LA, bulb adjustment won't do it, some mob like ecklers may also have them but there still GM.
Hope this puts you on the right track, Ive had a C5 for 15 years, email me if you have any other Q's
Kim

Offline bfit

• Don't talk of dust and roses
  • Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
  • Mood: Honey reinforced
  • Car: Yes
Re: C5 Corvette Headlights
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2018, 08:26:06 PM »
Head lights are no,real problem, they just need to dip to the left changing the lenses will do it.
Now RH conversion would be a problem in the eastern states but I think In the west you may just be able to keep it LHD 
I have seen too many instances where people continue to pursue wrong courses of action because they do not take the time to think critically about what has happened in the past.’’
Winston Churchill