Author Topic: c6 recall  (Read 3028 times)

Offline nifty

• Fuel Injected
c6 recall
« on: February 01, 2018, 10:23:10 AM »
c6 corvette with a factory recall for roof panel issues, car is in australia and been converted to r.h.d.
chasing some info on how the repair was done (type of sealant used to make sure the roof panel doesnt squeek ,leak or fly off)
any help would be greatly appreciated as the converter doesnt know anything about the recall even though the rest of the world knows about it

Offline jagsy

• Tri Powered
  • Mood: Always happy
  • Car: 2008 Z06 Jetstream Blue
Re: c6 recall
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2018, 09:09:02 AM »
Hi nifty, I haven’t been able to find what adhesive to use, try sending an email directly to Chevrolet to see if they can advise.

Recall 06v181000

Make: Chevrolet
Model: Corvette
Model Year: 2005
Manufacturer: General Motors Corp.
Mfr’s Report Date: May 24, 2006
Nhtsa Campaign Id Number: 06v181000
Nhtsa Action Number: N/a
Component: Structure:body:roof And Pillars
Potential Number Of Units Affected: 30793
Summary: On Certain 2005-2006 Chevrolet Corvettes Equipped With Painted Roofs, The Adhesive Between The Roof Panel And The Frame May Separate.
Consequence: If There Is A Complete Separation, The Roof Panel May Detach From The Vehicle And It Could Strike Another Vehicle And Cause Injury And Property Damage.
Remedy: Dealers Will Inspect Vehicles Free Of Charge For Potential Roof Panel-to- Frame Separation And Add The Specified Adhesive Foam Or Replace The Roof With One Having Adhesive Foam. The Recall Began On October 19, 2006. Owners May Contact Chevrolet At 1-800-630-2438.
Notes: Customers May Also Contact The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline At 1-888-327-4236 (Tty 1-800-424-9153), Or Go To www.safercar.gov.

Offline Vettech

• Supercharged
  • The rocket sled in Steel Blue.
  • Mood: Electrofied.
  • Car: C3 78 + C4 87 + C4 90
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 02:02:45 PM »
And here I was looking at a C5, ummm maybe a ragtop now in lieu of a coupe.
🖕 Vettech.

Offline bfit

• Don't talk of dust and roses
  • Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
  • Mood: Honey reinforced
  • Car: Yes
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2018, 08:45:48 PM »
Is the a car that has a roof that is removable,

I would imagine there would be a TSB on this an email to the factory would be advisable .
I would be surprised if the don’t let you know all the info to repair the car .
Bfit
I have seen too many instances where people continue to pursue wrong courses of action because they do not take the time to think critically about what has happened in the past.’’
Winston Churchill