Author Topic: 1970 Indicator Fuse keep blowing  (Read 5159 times)

Offline Vettech

• Supercharged
  • The rocket sled in Steel Blue.
  • Mood: Electrofied.
  • Car: C3 78 + C4 87 + C4 90
Re: 1970 Indicator Fuse keep blowing
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2017, 08:26:23 PM »
Yes Sabre I forgot about that, the extra wire to the rear to divide the brake and flashers.

Worth a look, esp if you can put a test lamp or buzzer and get under the rear and wiggle.

However, I used to work Maint along side of construction (NDC) staff, and 89% of faults were caused by their work.
Now you have mentioned some one else working on it, as a suspicious mongrel I would immediately suspect him/her.

Vettech.

Offline Matt G

• Four Barrel
  • Car: 1970 Coupe 350 manual.
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2017, 11:06:34 PM »
Got it. Thanks guys. I'll check the rear (pretty easy with a good light and some persistence...).  I got my wiring diagram stitched together. Might be a few drinks before I manage to join the dots, and then a few more before I figure it all out...

Offline Matt G

• Four Barrel
  • Car: 1970 Coupe 350 manual.
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2018, 12:23:44 AM »
Hey guys. Massive, massive thanks to Garry/Sabre. After almost a couple of hours of jiggling wires, looms and connections while watching the test bulb, and with Garry's fantastic experience (and work pit), we found the short via my back-up switch wires that had burnt through on my exhaust and randomly grounded on the flange of my headers.  A huge help. Thanks again Garry. I hope to be able to return the favour one day, or similarly help another member.  For me, this type of help and experience is what it's all about...
cheers to all who volunteered experience and help!!🍺

Offline sabre

• Tri Powered
  • C4 Rocks but Excalibur Cruises
  • Mood: How good is retirement!
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2018, 01:08:28 AM »
No worries Matt.
And yes, absolutely right. Helping each other out is what a club should be all about.

Offline Vettech

• Supercharged
  • The rocket sled in Steel Blue.
  • Mood: Electrofied.
  • Car: C3 78 + C4 87 + C4 90
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2018, 11:52:14 AM »
Well done guys, and the most important part of this exercise, was the feedback once the fault was found.

So often things come up on the forum, they either, are fixed or just die away, with no resolution or feedback.

Regards.
Vettech.