Technical Tips > Electrical-Electronics-Air-Lighting-Guages-Security-Vacuum

1970 Indicator Fuse keep blowing

(1/4) > >>

Matt G:
Looking for a quick shortcut - if anyone can help.
My 25A Indicator fuse keeps blowing.  I can't find a common scenario when it blows.  I.e., left turn or right turn, or Indicator and Brake together, etc.  generally lasts about 5mins before she pops.
Has anyone had the same problem and can point to the most likely suspect, (and where I might find it in my electrical system)?
Appreciate any shared shortcuts.

RHD.68.l89:
LH or RH drive? It makes a difference, wiring has to be messed with for RHD. All red taillights or amber indicators?

Matt G:
LH drive 😁

Matt G:
Sorry, forgot to mention... tail lights are original red lenses

RHD.68.l89:
Pink wire to the flasher can from the fuse box. Purple to the harmonica connector on the column.
The turn signal flasher is under the pass dash on a 68, should be the same on a 70. the flasher on the fuse box is hazards only.
If it working for 5 mins then blowing, is it getting hot immediately you replace it or does the car need to be moving?
if the car needs to be moving it sounds like an intermittent short which is the hardest to find.
Pull the flasher first and see if the fuse blows. put it back if all OK and disconnect the column connector. tilt column? wires might be pinched inside.
Let us know how it goes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version