Author Topic: All American Mystery Cruise Nights; Camaro Firebird Club; Sept 2017 - May 2018  (Read 9531 times)

Offline StephenSLR

• Fuel Injected

On tonight.

s

Offline Hallsy

• Four Barrel
  • I miss the old days.
  • Mood: Always happy.
Damn.
Way out west again and too much nerve damage to drive. :tears:
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said.
But I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant.😱

Offline StephenSLR

• Fuel Injected
Damn.
Way out west again and too much nerve damage to drive. :tears:

Got in my car, kicked it over; flat battery!

:tears:

s

Offline gtc

• Supercharged
  • Car: 1970 454 Manual
Got in my car, kicked it over; flat battery!

:tears:

s

You need:

http://batteryfighter.com.au/shop/product/13287/BFA012.html

Keeps my battery in great shape.
It's C3 chromie for me, see? Si!

Offline StephenSLR

• Fuel Injected
You need:

http://batteryfighter.com.au/shop/product/13287/BFA012.html

Keeps my battery in great shape.

I live in units and will have to get a power point in the garage one day.

I blame the clock in the Rally Pac. When I switched it on it still had some power as the radio switched on.

It's been probably 5-6 weeks since I drove it so I was quite eager to take her out.

s

Offline gtc

• Supercharged
  • Car: 1970 454 Manual
I live in units and will have to get a power point in the garage one day.

I blame the clock in the Rally Pac. When I switched it on it still had some power as the radio switched on.

Clock and radio memory are two battery eaters on the early models.

Another option is a battery isolator switch, but that means having to reset clock and radio.
It's C3 chromie for me, see? Si!

Offline StephenSLR

• Fuel Injected
Another option is a battery isolator switch, but that means having to reset clock and radio.

Yeah, I've thought a few times to disconnect the battery but dismiss it thinking I'll take my car out enough, I've gone a month between drives a few times with no problems.

s

Offline Vettech

• Supercharged
  • The rocket sled in Steel Blue.
  • Mood: Electrofied.
  • Car: C3 78 + C4 87 + C4 90
C4's onward draw juice 24/7, but decent battery, clean connections (use very small dash of lanolin spray) and battery should last 6-8 weeks without issues.
Your radio and clock would only draw milliamps, most batteries have say 100 amp-hour, so drawing say 50/1000Amps or 50milliAmp it will take a long time to use up the battery. If you get some clear light a charger working off a solar cell may put enough back in to see it right for 6 months.
Of course there is no substitute for start & run up to temp at least every two weeks, better still come on a club run.
🖕 Vettech.

Offline StephenSLR

• Fuel Injected
battery should last 6-8 weeks without issues.

It usually does but that's after weekly driving, I've been a bit lazy over the winter and not driving so much so probably didn't fully charge the last time I took it out.

s

Offline bfit

• Don't talk of dust and roses
  • Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
  • Mood: Honey reinforced
  • Car: Yes
Put a red top in the car, mine will start the car after 10 weeks parked ( c6 )
I have seen too many instances where people continue to pursue wrong courses of action because they do not take the time to think critically about what has happened in the past.’’
Winston Churchill

Offline Lefty

• Lefty
  • Four Barrel
My clock doesn't work, and don't care about the radio, I isolate the battery every time is park up the car, its started every time ( even after 6 months).
Best
Lefty
79 vette

Offline Kenobe

• Four Barrel
  • Mood: Depends on the wind !!
  • Car: C4 1985
 :hi: I hook mine up to a trickle charger and she's ready to go any time. :therethere:
Living the young boys dream............finally driving a Vette

Offline Hallsy

• Four Barrel
  • I miss the old days.
  • Mood: Always happy.
Bfit,
I bought a red top (optima)too. Great cranking power.
I was thinking about buying the billet aloominum bracket but couldn’t get my head around having a metal plate sitting so close to the terminals.

In regards to a flat battery (as opposed to a completely dead one),wifey bought a couple of those new fangled ciggy packet sized power packs that have the torch,USB ports and car connection. I completely bagged her until I had need to jump a car. Admittedly it was a modern V6 dunnydoor but I hooked it up and it fired the the car right up.
So in my opinion, they’re a great little item to throw in the glovebox (keep them charged though.).
 :cheers:
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said.
But I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant.😱

Offline StephenSLR

• Fuel Injected
those new fangled ciggy packet sized power packs that have the torch, USB ports and car connection.

lol, I just searched ebay for 'Car Jump Starter Booster USB'; you can get them for a dollar including postage, hahaha.

Edit: my mistake, when you go to the page you have to select between a cable and the charger which goes for $60-$70

s

Offline bfit

• Don't talk of dust and roses
  • Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
  • Mood: Honey reinforced
  • Car: Yes
Bfit,
I bought a red top (optima)too. Great cranking power.
I was thinking about buying the billet aloominum bracket but couldn’t get my head around having a metal plate sitting so close to the terminals.

In regards to a flat battery (as opposed to a completely dead one),wifey bought a couple of those new fangled ciggy packet sized power packs that have the torch,USB ports and car connection. I completely bagged her until I had need to jump a car. Admittedly it was a modern V6 dunnydoor but I hooked it up and it fired the the car right up.
So in my opinion, they’re a great little item to throw in the glovebox (keep them charged though.).
 :cheers:

mate if you have a C3 you can utilise the original clamping set up on the base of the battery.
I have seen too many instances where people continue to pursue wrong courses of action because they do not take the time to think critically about what has happened in the past.’’
Winston Churchill

Offline Vettech

• Supercharged
  • The rocket sled in Steel Blue.
  • Mood: Electrofied.
  • Car: C3 78 + C4 87 + C4 90
I'll just print that last comment from Bfit off and frame it, under the title "Bfit says keep it original", allong with a pic of the "Yellow Beastie".
🖕 Vettech.