Author Topic: Heater delete hose routing  (Read 8050 times)

Offline Darylle

• Two Barrel
  • I'm new here
Heater delete hose routing
« on: September 11, 2017, 09:51:52 AM »
Hi there
I have my new edelbrock water pump fitted and would like to know what I can and cant block off. The old pump had the top fitting capped and the other fitting going to the manifold next to the thermostat (which I no longer have with the new performer manifold) but there is a port opposite the temp switch, can I plumb into that?
Thanks in advance.

Offline bfit

• Don't talk of dust and roses
  • Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
  • Mood: Honey reinforced
  • Car: Yes
Re: Heater delete hose routing
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 11:38:51 AM »
photo
I have seen too many instances where people continue to pursue wrong courses of action because they do not take the time to think critically about what has happened in the past.’’
Winston Churchill

Offline metalhead

• Four Barrel
  • Black is best...
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 01:12:32 PM »
You can just block all the ports if you're not connecting the heater?

Offline bfit

• Don't talk of dust and roses
  • Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
  • Mood: Honey reinforced
  • Car: Yes
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 02:18:53 PM »
You can just block all the ports if you're not connecting the heater?

that's debatable, and conditional to weather or not there is a way to fill the system with water.
some systems fill through the heater circuit.
I would suggest a schematic  for the model with the  accessories  for  system being worked on.

on the 69/70 models with no A/C I have seen. there is an intermediate tee piece in the bottom  radiator hose that is plumbed to the  expansion tank on the guard.
 This system has no fill point on the radiator tank, and is filled  by this tee piece in the bottom radiator hose via the expansion tank,  the expansion tank is vented to the inlet manifold water heater fitting to bleed  air from the system.
there is also a air bleed from the top of the radiator  to the expansion tank ( 3/8" hose I think )
its worth noting  that   there has to be a continues bleed from the radiator tank for the system to work correctly.
if there is no vent on the top of the radiator, air will build up in the system and reduce the effective cooling area of the core.

one needs to be 100% a where of just how the cooling system works before modifying it .
its not just a mater of the water going to the radiator.
bfit

I have seen too many instances where people continue to pursue wrong courses of action because they do not take the time to think critically about what has happened in the past.’’
Winston Churchill

Offline metalhead

• Four Barrel
  • Black is best...
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 03:46:42 PM »
Sorry, didn't realise they varied so much year to year. Mine has no such issues, but I figured there must be more to the story, hence the question mark in my post. :cheers:

Offline Darylle

• Two Barrel
  • I'm new here
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2017, 08:39:40 AM »
Hi everyone
Thank you for the replies, I am just going to replicate what I had that is the top port plugged and the side exit plumbed to the intake.