Author Topic: Late seventies shell and chassis  (Read 11925 times)

Offline Hallsy

• Four Barrel
  • I miss the old days.
  • Mood: Always happy.
Late seventies shell and chassis
« on: August 26, 2017, 08:58:03 AM »
Hi all.
You may be aware or it may even be a members car.
On eBay is a late '70's shell and chassis. Current bid $101 after 48 bids.
No reserve.
It's located in Sydney.
Btw,not for dreamers.
Cheers,
Hallsy.
P.S. There is also an absolutely beautiful black beauty '68 427bb convertible with a hardtop as well.
It's up at Swansea,seller Steve.
If I had the 50k to spare (and more room),I would jump at it.
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said.
But I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant.😱

Offline Hallsy

• Four Barrel
  • I miss the old days.
Re: Late seventies shell and chassis
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2017, 05:35:08 PM »
Btw, no,I don't know either owner. So it's not an ad for them.

Offline bfit

• Don't talk of dust and roses
  • Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
  • Mood: Honey reinforced
  • Car: Yes
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2017, 05:37:31 PM »
Btw, no,I don't know either owner. So it's not an ad for them.

it may be some cheap fiberglass but defiantly not a  cheap rebuilder
Bfit
I have seen too many instances where people continue to pursue wrong courses of action because they do not take the time to think critically about what has happened in the past.’’
Winston Churchill

Offline Hallsy

• Four Barrel
  • I miss the old days.
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2017, 05:47:49 PM »
BFT,you said it. Huge job. No way I would consider such a thing. However,if my 18 year old son bought it home,how could dad resist. I remember my growing years how I would bore my friends with "CORVETTE! LOOK,IT'S A CORVETTE". Never did I consider I would own one.

Offline bfit

• Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2017, 06:25:08 PM »
You know I would agree with that scenario, it would be a good learning  process for a youngster
As the system these days  does not encourage our youth to have a go.
   there has to be licences, qualifications etc etc, how do the young learn if they don't have a go.
But if he buys one, little more complete it would be a better option.
Bfit
I have seen too many instances where people continue to pursue wrong courses of action because they do not take the time to think critically about what has happened in the past.’’
Winston Churchill

Offline Hallsy

• Four Barrel
  • I miss the old days.
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2017, 08:10:10 PM »
Bfit,yeah,tell me about it. When I was a kid, I got a fork lift license. It was from the DIR (Dept. of industrial relations), it was valid for life.
 Lo and behold, years later some accountant sees a money grab and DIR licences become an  "annual" (or fifth annual. I can't remember as I told them where to file mine.).
I have always had an attitude problem and a problem with authority (so people have told me) and it has rubbed off on my kids. But they are both polite,respectful,helpful and kind.
Authorities (nannies) would have kittens if they saw my young bloke blacksmithing with the cut up gas bottle, gas fired forge I made him when he was fourteen.

Offline StephenSLR

• Fuel Injected
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2017, 06:57:18 PM »
As the system these days  does not encourage our youth to have a go.
   there has to be licences, qualifications etc etc, how do the young learn if they don't have a go.

Nothing to stop him helping dad in the garage though.

As for trades, the kids these days are more into computers and higher education; now we're paying a fortune in labour due to the shortage of skilled tradesmen.

s

Offline Vettech

• Supercharged
  • The rocket sled in Steel Blue.
  • Mood: Electrofied.
  • Car: C3 78 + C4 87 + C4 90
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2017, 07:04:17 PM »
There's another car on ebay, I think, needs some work, some where down picton or some where.
🖕 Vettech.

Offline bfit

• Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2017, 07:14:06 PM »
There's another car on ebay, I think, needs some work, some where down picton or some where.

yes there is, Lots of lookers and good number of watchers, No offers as yet.
Winston Churchill

Offline bfit

• Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2017, 04:26:07 PM »
the  body and frame sold $2070 . some one wanted it badly.
makes the full car I have for sale look  a real good buy.
Bfit
Winston Churchill

Offline Hallsy

• Four Barrel
  • I miss the old days.
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2017, 05:17:18 PM »
 :omg:2070!!! Someone must be a clever boy. Maybe that member with the gorgeous blue one in W.A.
Best of luck selling yours, Bfit.

Stephen SLR, he already does help me,big time. He left school in 4th form (year 10?) after starting a school based electrical apprenticeship. Did a few weeks of one day a week and said "Dad, I'm wasting my time here at school." Went full time and is now in his final year.  :thumb:

Offline StephenSLR

• Fuel Injected
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2017, 05:24:15 PM »
he already does help me, big time. He left school in 4th form (year 10?) after starting a school based electrical apprenticeship. Did a few weeks of one day a week and said "Dad, I'm wasting my time here at school." Went full time and is now in his final year.  :thumb:

That's awesome. I did a sandwich course at uni in mechanical engineering 6 months study/6 months work. They did SFA to help students find work so my 'work' time was spent delivering pizza or process work in factories. I dropped out, returned and eventually got my degree, I did have a few good years working but the market dried up and I've been unemployed 3 years now.

I should've stuck working at Hungry Jack's, I was there 5 years part time after school; I'd probably be running my own store by now.

s

Offline Hallsy

• Four Barrel
  • I miss the old days.
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2017, 05:09:02 AM »
My sympathies to you, Stephen. It's so tough out there in the job market these days and just because you're the best person for the job, doesn't mean you'll get it. So much politics out the to battle against.
At my work, we've had so many engineers (mechanical and electrical) who are soooooo dumb (had and have a lot who're geniuses too).
Apologies to all you uni edumacated people with meaningful careers but I think there are courses that don't belong there. I use to tease an ex boyfriend of my daughter who was studying to get a degree in philosophy. I'd say to him that if he ever saw a person having a heart attack, he could say "Stand back, I'm a trained philosopher!". Apologies to anyone thinking I'm an ignorant Neanderthal, you're probably right. And my doctor daughter would agree with you.
I've been off work for a year (I'm up to operation number seven this Saturday.) and have been going stir crazy. Bed ridden a lot of the time and definitely unable to lower myself down into my baby. But all systems go after Saturday.

Nothing wrong with menial work. Beats the alternative of unemployment.

Offline StephenSLR

• Fuel Injected
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2017, 02:49:38 PM »
Apologies to all you uni edumacated people with meaningful careers but I think there are courses that don't belong there. I use to tease an ex boyfriend of my daughter who was studying to get a degree in philosophy.

Yeah, once upon a time university was basically that, a degree for those that wanted a deep understanding of their desired topic, not necessarily a means to gain employment. Most of the stuff I learned in Mech. Eng. you would never use at work. Somewhere along the line the competition for employment became fierce and further education was used as a filter. I'm sure you know of older folk who only had '4th form' education that ended up running large companies, they started at the bottom at 16 years of age and worked their way up.

Nothing wrong with menial work. Beats the alternative of unemployment.

True, I've picked up a bit of part time work as a delivery driver and there's a website called AirTasker where people will post odd jobs they want done. So far I've drilled a metal plate into a brick wall for one guy for $25 and fixed the switch of a clothes dryer for a woman for $70, nobody wanted to touch that job and I saved her throwing it out and buying a new one.

s

Offline Hallsy

• Four Barrel
  • I miss the old days.
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2017, 06:16:41 PM »
Thanks for the tip, Stephen.
My mate is off work and was getting SFA from wherever he was supposed to be getting paid. So he bought a truck and bobcat,got licences and now has SFA work.
I passed the website on to him. Hopefully he'll get work,otherwise he'll sell his gear and try something new.

As for myself, just out of hospital with a brand new set of wires complete with  sixteen electrodes and a battery pack/signal box, running up my spine. Should be good to give jump starts  :thumb:
So now back to the waiting/recovering time before I can drive again :toetap:

Offline StephenSLR

• Fuel Injected
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2017, 07:07:14 PM »
So he bought a truck and bobcat,got licences and now has SFA work.

I've been pondering what to do with my life too and I really don't want to do another course, by the time I finish it's likely the construction boon has died down, it's a crap shoot but I'm more likely not to get hired due to my age.

So now back to the waiting/recovering time before I can drive again :toetap:

Get well soon.

s