Author Topic: 1974 Stingray SOLD  (Read 4316 times)

Offline Scully49

• I'm new here
1974 Stingray SOLD
« on: July 10, 2017, 11:10:39 AM »
Thank you for any interest but I have sold my car today 13/08/2017.

After nearly 20 years I have decided to pass my much loved Vette on to someone else.
I purchased it from Taren Point Smash Repairs in Jan 1998 and was the first registered owner. They imported, converted and restored Vettes in those days.
It is a cross-link conversion with a Cressida steering box.
Over the years I have done small mods but basically the car is as pretty much standard with the original 350 motor that has matching numbers. It runs a Rochester carbie but the distributor has been updated. Haven’t done a lot in the engine bay other than chrome air-cleaner and alternator. New 5 core radiator fitted in about 2002.
I have replaced the rear transverse spring with an after market composite with new hangers etc. New front brake callipers fitted with stainless hoses.
The air is all intact but the compressor failed a few years ago and I have never replaced it. I have a new long compressor but it needs brackets.
Good rubber, Firestone Firehawk Indy 500’s all round.
Interior has new carpets, door panels, door seals and rubbers but is basically original. New glass T-tops fitted 2012 (I also still have the originals).
In 2012 I had some minor body repairs done with a complete paint restoration. The work was completed by Steve Koulis smash repairs in Newcastle and is a superior job. It is 2 pack Burgundy with a subtle iridescence, looks fantastic in sunlight.
All in all it is a very neat vehicle with an asking price of $32,000. I hope there is someone out there that can give her the love she deserves.

Offline metalhead

• Four Barrel
  • Black is best...
Re: 1974 Stingray FOR SALE
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 05:40:41 PM »
Nice looking car! Auto or manual? Any interior or engine bay, undercarriage shots?

Offline Lefty

• Lefty
  • Four Barrel
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2017, 08:33:50 PM »
Colour looks great in the photos, great job
Lefty
79 vette

Offline Scully49

• I'm new here
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 01:41:47 PM »
Sorry metalhead missed that, its an Auto. Haven't got any interior/engine shots but will post some in the next couple of days.
Thanks for the compliments.