Technical Tips > Radiators - Cooling

85 Water Pump Backing Plate Gasket

<< < (3/3)

Vettech:
No Bob he dosent need to re-skill, I've reread this thread and all he needs is a sheet of gasket paper, blades, knives, sissors, hole punch, hammer.
Get pump off, get back off, use as template, cut new gasket and Bobs your uncle but dick will always be your best friend.

bfit:

--- Quote from: Vettech on May 12, 2017, 07:32:28 PM ---No Bob he dosent need to re-skill, I've reread this thread and all he needs is a sheet of gasket paper, blades, knives, sissors, hole punch, hammer.
Get pump off, get back off, use as template, cut new gasket and Bobs your uncle but dick will always be your best friend.

--- End quote ---
Read down the page , I said make a gasket

77CVT:
I'll give it a crack!   :noel:

I'm keen to drive it after a loooooong time not getting the time to.  Worst case it only lasts a while and I have to pull it off again.   :thud:

:cheers:

bfit:

--- Quote from: 77CVT on May 15, 2017, 10:39:41 AM ---I'll give it a crack!   :noel:

I'm keen to drive it after a loooooong time not getting the time to.  Worst case it only lasts a while and I have to pull it off again.   :thud:

:cheers:

--- End quote ---
the thing with water pump gaskets is you need to keep the impeller to cover clearance as standard  to get the correct flow
measure the original material if you can, and duplicate it .
Bfit

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version