Technical Tips > Pre 84

bad brakes

(1/3) > >>

MADLT1:
hi guys I ihave really bad brakes on my 71 at the moment and they used to be unreal,i have replaced the pads,bled the brakes a couple of times now and they are still spungy and not very responsive,do I need to resleeve the calipers ?how do I evan know if they need resleeving,i was quoted $390 per caliper,so I want to be sure first,cheers

MY081:
Im an ex Bricky but for what it's worth I have heard of the rubber brake hoses near to the caliper sucking in when you apply the brakes ,If they are old this could be your problem . Ray

MADLT1:
no I replaced them years ago with the braided metal lines

sabre:
Re sleeved calipers would only be required if you have fluid leaking around the calipers. $390 per caliper is a bit expensive. You should be able to get an exchange set of 4 with pads for around $1200. I recently got SS sleeved set for $1000 on ebay.
I would be suspicious of the master cylinder. Reconditioning by a reputable brake place should set you back around $200.

bfit:
With out seeing how you bleed the brakes I  first would  research the method of bleeding the  brakes  correctly.
First you need to bleed the master cylinder. Before anything down stream
Do we have a booster
Bfit

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version