Technical Tips > Body Parts - Bodywork - Paint

C4 Halo/Roll bar, body packing.

(1/3) > >>

Vettech:
I was out driving the other day when I noticed that the air/road noise was excessive. I currently have the plastic trim etc off the halo and I noticed that around the seat belt holes and in between layers there is the remains of a filler - looks very much like a foam or sponge rubber that has gone like bissuit, one touch and it crumbles like chalk. Does anyone know if there is a correct material to be used as I would like to get the trim back to normal. Thanks.

White88:
I would try any sound /body insulation , similar to carpet heat / sound  insulation- Dynamat or what ever it's called.

Vettech:
Thanks white 88. Ive been away, and ive also talked to Bfit at PortM last weekend, he seems to think he knows a product to use, I have the commercial household void filler, but I'm not willing to use it as it will be nigh near impossible to remove once sprayed in. So "Bfit" what is it !!!!!!!!!??????? Hello hello bfit ru dare.....

bfit:

--- Quote from: Vettech on September 16, 2016, 07:10:20 PM ---Thanks white 88. Ive been away, and ive also talked to Bfit at PortM last weekend, he seems to think he knows a product to use, I have the commercial household void filler, but I'm not willing to use it as it will be nigh near impossible to remove once sprayed in. So "Bfit" what is it !!!!!!!!!??????? Hello hello bfit ru dare.....

--- End quote ---
Working on it

Vettech:
And I too have been - cleared out the passenger side "B" piller, only appears to be a narrow section, but was definitely some form of hard filling, bonding material that has hardened to pumice like consistency, now crumbles out. But appears it bonds the f/glass outer to the steel inner section of the roll/halo. Sirfixalot in your travels when replacing C4 belts, have you noticed if the hole behind and under the retractor is filled or blocked - I just dragged a heap of bits and pieces of a very dense foam out of the passenger side, this stuff is definitely not GM.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version