Author Topic: 1990 Black on Black Auto Coupe 2 owners from new. Price Reduced $18500  (Read 14753 times)

Offline cosmicvette

• Four Barrel
1990 Corvette Coupe, Auto, Full WA Rego (but car is currently stored in Sydney NSW), LHD, Black on Black: Black exterior, Black leather factory sports interior, it has every piece of paperwork from day 1 of its purchase in the USA and all service records from the USA. That is still it's original paint and it has been garage kept its entire life.

- 147,000km (kms not miles)
- auto
- factory sports leather seats
- $19,900 ONO $18500

You will not be able to import a car anywhere close to the history/condition of this for anywhere near this price from the US, let alone not have to worry about all the importation/Australian registration paperwork. First genuine buyer to look will make a deal.

If you are looking for a C4 to keep this is it and you won't find better for the price. I've had this for sale for a while but amazingly had no genuine buyers actually look at the car yet.

Car is located in Sydney as I have moved overseas and it is being stored there now with family, one owner USA in Houston Texas, one owner in Australia its been in Australia for more than 10 years now, fully registered the whole time, I bought it in person while in the states after looking at a lot of 1990 C4's, won't find one more original. All driving in Australia has been highway (from 54,000 Miles (87,000km) to 91,000 Miles (147,000km)). It has both factory Tops (glass and painted), as well as several other rare options.

There are very few LHD 1990 up C4's in Australia as the import rules were changed the year I imported this and you can no longer import any car newer than 1989 that is LHD. LHD Corvette is so much better than any RHD conversion, I have driven both (even really well done conversions, they just dont compare to a factory original LHD Corvette).

In 3 years it can be fully registered LHD in all states (including NSW) as it will be 30 years old, in the mean time it can be club registered. I have factored it's location into the asking price.

If you are a genuine buyer please send me a private message, I know the first person genuinely after a C4 who looks at it will buy it.

Offline cosmicvette

• Four Barrel
Re: 1990 Black on Black Auto Coupe 2 owners from new $19900 ONO
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2016, 03:12:33 PM »
Price now $19900 ONO

Still haven't had any genuine buyers inspect the car in person.

First person who is looking for a C4 will buy this one, would really prefer to sell it through the club rather than having a friend list it on fleabay for me which I will probably consider soon if I don't get any interest through here.

Cheers

Offline bfit

• Don't talk of dust and roses
  • Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
  • Mood: Honey reinforced
  • Car: Yes
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2016, 06:14:55 PM »
As I understand it, a car needs to be 30 years  old and 1989. Or earlier .
To leave LHD
Bfit
I have seen too many instances where people continue to pursue wrong courses of action because they do not take the time to think critically about what has happened in the past.’’
Winston Churchill

Offline Ausrs

• Four Barrel
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2016, 05:58:31 PM »
Club rego in Vic at 25 years old!
The market for C4,s is not that great at the moment lots of cheap entry level cars is making the better cars hard to get a decent price for ..2020 is a few years off for eastern states full rego :(

Offline gtc

• Supercharged
  • Car: 1970 454 Manual
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2016, 10:23:04 PM »
would really prefer to sell it through the club

Suggest advertising it in the Club's magazine.

Many Club members don't use this forum ... or even know how to use  a keyboard.
It's C3 chromie for me, see? Si!

Offline cosmicvette

• Four Barrel
Re: 1990 Black on Black Auto Coupe 2 owners from new $18500 Price Reduced
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2017, 06:14:40 PM »
Price reduced to $18,500.

Amazingly I still haven't had a single genuine buyer look at this car in person, you can't bring in a car this good for this money from the states (plus all the paperwork has already been done for it).

If you know of anyone in the market for a C4 if you could please let them know I would appreciate it.

Cheers

Offline bfit

• Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
In NSW it will,need to be converted to RHD
That's one problem, that's hard to get past
Bfit
I have seen too many instances where people continue to pursue wrong courses of action because they do not take the time to think critically about what has happened in the past.’’
Winston Churchill

Offline cosmicvette

• Four Barrel
In NSW it will,need to be converted to RHD
That's one problem, that's hard to get past

No it won't, because it was imported and registered in the one year grace period when the laws were changed from a rolling 15 years to a cutoff at 1989 it is able to be registered in any state LHD (in NSW once it gets to 30 years) since it was imported in that one magical year of the changeover.

There is a difference between importation rules and registration rules and there is a lot of confusion and misinformation on the subject. In 2006 Importation rules changed from a rolling 15 years LHD rule for all of Australia to a fixed 1989 and earlier rule. NSW registration rules have not changed with a rolling 30 year cut off, only now the importation rules prevent and post 1989 cars being imported, the only exception are 1990 cars allowed in during the 12 month grace period during this changeover.

You cannot import a 1990 and ever register it LHD now but you can this one.

Like I said first genuine interested party will buy her.

Offline Scott

• Tri Powered
  • Shed Dweller
The skeptic in me says if it was that easy, you'd have done it, gotten NSW rego and sold it already.

Offline cosmicvette

• Four Barrel
The skeptic in me says if it was that easy, you'd have done it, gotten NSW rego and sold it already.

*Sigh* Did you read what I wrote? It can only be registered in NSW once it is 30 years old (which is 2019 because it goes off the build date and even though it is a 1990 model it was built late in 1989), but because of when it was imported it can be registered LHD.

If I still have it when it can be fully registered LHD, I will not be selling it for $18500 that's for sure.

Like I said first genuine person who looks at her will buy her.

Offline White88

• Four Barrel
Re: 1990 Black on Black Auto Coupe 2 owners from new. Price Reduced $18500
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2017, 08:18:38 AM »
https://infrastructure.gov.au/vehicles/mv_standards_act/files/MVSA_Info_Sheet_4_Concessional_Imports.pdf

Check this info out , there have been changes in the Act 1989 , there is a reform coming in next year  2018.

Offline cosmicvette

• Four Barrel
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2017, 08:47:01 AM »
https://infrastructure.gov.au/vehicles/mv_standards_act/files/MVSA_Info_Sheet_4_Concessional_Imports.pdf

Check this info out , there have been changes in the Act 1989 , there is a reform coming in next year  2018.

Thanks for posting that an interesting read, although I didn't read anything in there regarding LHD vehicles, they may be reintroducing a rolling 25 year scheme but I believe the rules regarding LHD remain unchanged (ie only 1989 and earlier unless it was imported in 2006 when I imported my 1990 during the 1 year grace period) .

Cheers,
Cosmic

Offline White88

• Four Barrel
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2017, 09:14:42 AM »
Currently they are the same rules but I read it as long as all vehicles are 25 years and older can be brought in and registered as per your local rules as per the new reforms comeing in next year,  yes there no mention of LHD rule but I think the new rules bring it into line with local laws.

Offline White88

• Four Barrel
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2017, 10:11:22 AM »
I'm only showing an interest in the new rules as I was planning on bringing in a 1990 ZR-1 and leaving it LHD and getting it on the road in 2020( 30 yrs old, NSW rules).
But there should be no problem selling your vette in any other state other NSW , Good luck with your sale Cosmic.

Offline cosmicvette

• Four Barrel
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2017, 10:21:20 AM »
Thanks and goodluck with the 1990 ZR1 that machine is a beast. Re LHD I believe the part in that new vehicle standards document you posted that says:

Vehicles imported through the older vehicles stream may be required to be modified in order to be registered by State and Territory authorities. The Australian Government will work with State and Territory regulators to establish appropriate requirements for these vehicles.

means the current 1989 cutoff for LHD (except any vehicles imported during the 2006 grace period where they changed the rules) remains in place although the second sentence gives some possible hope that things might change.

Cheers,
Cosmic

Offline White88

• Four Barrel
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2017, 10:55:47 AM »
Annndddddd that's what I'm hoping on.

Offline bfit

• Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2017, 08:55:25 PM »
I'm with you .
Bfit
Winston Churchill

Offline cosmicvette

• Four Barrel
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2017, 09:08:46 PM »
I'm with you .
Bfit

I appreciate all of these less than constructive replies to this thread, if you actually read what I wrote you cannot register it in NSW until 2019 (when it is 30 years old going off its build date) that is why I haven't registered it there yet.... *Sigh*

Offline Huxvet11

• I'm new here
  • Mood: great
  • Car: 1991 corvette
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2018, 03:18:28 PM »
Hi
i wanted to see if you had this car still?
Im gona be in Sydney easter 2018 weekend.
cheers

Offline gtc

• Supercharged
  • Car: 1970 454 Manual
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2018, 05:28:32 PM »
Hi
i wanted to see if you had this car still?
Im gona be in Sydney easter 2018 weekend.
cheers

Note that the OP said:
If you are a genuine buyer please send me a private message
It's C3 chromie for me, see? Si!