Author Topic: turbo 700r manual valve body  (Read 5097 times)

Offline james t

• I'm new here
turbo 700r manual valve body
« on: July 01, 2016, 06:58:48 PM »
hi all     i have a 82 vet 700r auto i want to change to a manual valve body , but no one can give me full info on what to do.   or which one to buy       . one i looked at says u have to still use the cable ?   they range 500-600 but which one .

Offline bfit

• Don't talk of dust and roses
  • Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
  • Mood: Honey reinforced
  • Car: Yes
Re: turbo 700r manual valve body
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2016, 10:10:07 PM »
If your looking got true manual shift look at TCI
Bfit
I have seen too many instances where people continue to pursue wrong courses of action because they do not take the time to think critically about what has happened in the past.’’
Winston Churchill

Offline sirfixalot

• Fuel Injected
  • Committee Member & Tech Adviser C3-C4
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2016, 08:38:42 AM »
Why do you want a manual valve body ? I think from memory the corvette t700 box had stronger parts inside. VN -VP  commodore box is used to retro fit earlier models with t700. Any good auto trans shop should be able to point you in the right direction

Offline james t

• I'm new here
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2016, 08:48:36 AM »
Hi    i had no third gear so i have spent $1000 bucks getting a make over , only to drive it and burn out the third gear clutch again. so now i have brought a TCI 376010 Valve Body,  but still no one cant tell me if i have to use the tv cable with the new part. new to vetts  any help  thanks.  as i am about to give up.  i sold my xy gt replica and my 64 mustang to get this junk heep.  It now owes me more than its worth.

Offline sirfixalot

• Fuel Injected
  • Committee Member & Tech Adviser C3-C4
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2016, 05:28:40 PM »
From memory you have to use the kick down cable & has to be adjusted correctly if you run a Holley carby there is an adaptor for cable connection  to carby. TCI transmissions should be able to answer the question if they supplied the valve body