Author Topic: 2017 Corvette Nationals April 14-17. Now With Pics and Show n Shine Results  (Read 15785 times)

Offline Vettech

• Supercharged
  • The rocket sled in Steel Blue.
  • Mood: Electrofied.
  • Car: C3 78 + C4 87 + C4 90
Well the time has passed, this was a well thought out and run weekend, something for everyone, all connected together by the centre point represented by the RSL/RESORT. The only complaint I had was directed to resort staff, and that was the breakfast items were not hot enough, I like hot food that is hot!
I could find no attendees with any issues, all cited this weekend, as a great success.

The cars here were the BEST in NSW, and the cream from the other four attending States. (Yes Canberra is inc as a state)

Prizes were dispersed all over the country, a lot of happy faces left the ballroom, tophies in hand - a job well done.

It's no good me congratulating the winners, as every car was great, all attendees were winners not only for themselves, but their State and especially their clubs, without which none of this would be possible.

THANKYOU to you all and esp to your Clubs.
Also an extra big thankyou to ALL our Sponsors, large and small, plus individual donors, all you guys put the icing on the cake - thankyou very much! 
🖕 Vettech.

Offline MY081

• I'm here. Woo Hoo! :)
  • Fuel Injected
  • Pleb
Ditto Doug, ditto ditto!!  Not much else to say really. Over the weekend Joy and myself were approached on several occasions with congratulatory comments on the organisation and presentation of our Nationals and that should make us all very proud, committee and members. The Harbour Cruise was amazing, "someone" turned on perfect skies with a stunning sunset and fireworks aplenty on the night, so the Opera House, Bridge and Harbour looked fantastic. I didn't attend Race Day at Eastern Creek so I can't comment on the day there, but we did go to Tobruk Sheep Station and without any exaggeration it was a fantastic day.  Our host Nick the Stockman made sure everybody enjoyed themselves from the moment we arrived and I think it was even a better day than we had anticipated. It's well worth a visit.  And I agree with Doug, to everyone who attended whether you won a trophy or not, congratulations and thank you for your support.  The weekend was topped off with a very enjoyable Gala Dinner on Sunday night - trophy presentations, great food and lots of music and dancing. Big thanks to everyone. 
Ray

Offline Miss Independent

• Tri Powered
  • Mood: Girls just wanna have fun
 :omg: :omg: :omg: How good was that weekend. We have done our club proud and well done to everyone who attended and supported it. We had a comment from some Queenslanders  who have attended every Convention and they rated ours up there in the top 2 or 3,so give yourselves a pat on the back. Hotel rooms were amazing, meals at all venues were even better but the comradeship between the corvette family reigned supreme . It was great to see new members at their first Nationals and they are all eager to attend more. The presentation of the cars was spectacular and Congrates to Jaffa on taking out Car of Show. Photos are going to be up soon and even a couple of short videos from Tobruk. Will have some great photos in the magazine next month as well as a list of results in all classes. :pepper: :pepper: :pepper:
****Don't let someone else dim your light simply because it's shining in their eyes***

Offline Camo

• Jethro is my nemesis
  • Administrator
  • Supercharged
  • Joe Pappas Missile Builder
  • Car: 77. 355 ci 400hp
First lot of photos of the day just in by Richard J

Click Image To See Album

Time, The Predator That Stalks Us All

Black is not a colour, it's a life style

Offline Camo

• Jethro is my nemesis
  • Administrator
  • Supercharged
Pres and VP just a little worried...

Offline MY081

• I'm here. Woo Hoo! :)
  • Fuel Injected
  • Pleb
Great photos Richard thank you .Ray

Offline jagsy

• Tri Powered
  • Mood: Always happy
  • Car: 2008 Z06 Jetstream Blue
Hi all
Thank you to the NSW Committee for a fabulous long weekend.  Lynne and I had a great time.

The hotel rooms were amazing and food, all weekend​, whether at hotel or other venues was delicious :)

We had a great car show display on Saturday and the cruise around the harbour was just amazing.  That was our first cruise of that type on the harbour especially at night - just beautiful.  Our bus driver was a die hard race driver and a lot of fun.

Sunday for Lynne and I was Tobruk Sheep Station.  Wow what a fab drive and beautiful location.  Nick the stock man was awesome and gave us a great tour around the station.  Whip cracking - ouch I have bruising, but my boomerang came back!.

Sunday night formals at the accommodation went smoothly and the food was lush.  I managed some dancing to recover my broken leg!

Thanks again to the committee for a fabulous weekend.

Thanks Camo for [posting the pictures.

Offline jimbob

• Two Barrel
  • Great car, great club, great friends, great times
Hi Tracy, Gary, Jeff

Just a note of huge thanks to you and your excellent committee, along with the other volunteers in providing such a wonderful event over Easter.  The Nationals, whilst being the first for both Gayle and I, was a weekend we both were looking so forward to.  The entire weekend was very well catered for given the excellent parking arrangements for the cars, to the meet and greet night along with all our goodies when we arrived on Friday.  Rooty Hill as a venue was a brilliant choice. 

Saturday’s Show and Shine, the Harbour Cruise, the Motorkhana and the Gala Dinner were all first class events,  Gayle and I had an absolutely wonderful time.

Thank you all very much for providing such an enjoyable occasion. You should all be very proud of how successful your Nationals was organised.       

Regards

Jim and Gayle

:pepper: :banana: :hi:

Offline Miss Independent

• Tri Powered
 :hi: :hi: :camera: :camera:
A professional photographer was taking shots over the weekend and has uploaded them to his website for you to view and purchase if you wish.

Here is a link to his website and the photos.

http://www.totalexposure.com.au/search#q=corvette+nationals&i=0

http://www.totalexposure.com.au/

Please email him direct if you wish to make a purchase.
brad@totalexposure.com.au

Kindest Regards
Tracy
****Don't let someone else dim your light simply because it's shining in their eyes***

Offline Miss Independent

• Tri Powered
We have received so many texts and emails regarding the weekend and what a fantastic time people had . Here are a couple:

Morning
I just thought I would send you a quick email to thank you all and your club for putting on an excellent convention.  Everyone made Tracie and I feel welcome, and we both had a very enjoyable weekend in good company. I know how hard it is to arrange an event of this magnitude, and the associated issues pulling everyone together.  You all should be commended on a fantastic effort.   From a sponsors point of view, you did a great job ensuring Performax received the right attention over the weekend.

We look forward to a continuation of our relationship with your club, and being involved in future events.

Kind Regards,

Kevin Thoroughgood
Dealer Relations Officer

Hi Tracy,

Katherine and I had a wonderful time at one of the best Conventions.

Cheers,
Joe Yuouane

Hi Tracy , just wanted to send you and everyone involved in this past weekend a HUGE thank you for a
fantastic convention. Great fun was had by all , new friendships made and old friendships renewed.
Congratulations to all . We are exhausted so can only imagine how you are !!!
Thanks again.
Peter & Jan Eldred (Entrant 10 &10A )

Good afternoon guys,
Just a quick email to say a big thank you for the weekend.
Dad and I had a great time!
Everything was well organised for the whole weekend. Great events, food and people. We really enjoyed ourselves.
The motorkhana was so much fun.

Thanks again.
Kind Regards,
 Andrew Leonard & Brian Leonard

Hi Tracy
Thanks for a great weekend. The committee and yourself did an amazing job
Steve
SR Performance

Hi Tracy, just dropping a line to say thanks for your hospitality during the Corvette Nationals. You guys did a fantastic job ,very well organised , everything seemed to run smoothly . All our members from up here in Queensland had a great time with nothing but praise on how good it all went, everybody seemed to enjoy themselves. We all got back home safe with no incidents. Regards Glenn Miller.   Queensland Corvette Club President
Can you also pass this onto Jeff , who made everybody welcome and feel comfortable thanks .

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Offline Miss Independent

• Tri Powered

Car of Show
Frank Rejtanos C2
Congratulations

C1
Standard
1st Brent Carr

2nd Craig O Toole

Personal
Reg Vine

C2
Standard
1st Joe Caruana

2nd Bryan Wharton

Personal
1st Peter Steve

2nd Charlie Micallef

Modified
1st Frank Retjano

2nd Harry Turner

C3 68-72
Standard
1st Robert Harding

2nd Leigh Shepherd

Personal
1st James Pierce

2nd Neville Evans

Modified
1st Joe Younane

C3 73-82
standard
1st Jim Cox

2nd Nathan Steel

Personal
1st Ray Smith

2nd Ryan Steel

Modified
1st Wayne Don

2nd Steve Rosenfels

C4
Standard
1st Daryl Blackmore

2nd Tom Carson

C5
Standard
1st John Randall

2nd Richard Chapman

Personal
1st Dave Jarrett

2nd Bill Dixon

Modified

1st Carol Golles

2nd Kevin Tressider

C6
1st Tony Asquith

2nd Craig Lamont

2nd Jean Cox

Personal
1st Terry Ruse

2nd David Rourke

Modified
1st Jim Weeks

2nd Richard Jagger

C7
1st Kevin Throughgood

2nd Chris Cocoran

Spirit of America Award
Peter Brookes

Offline jagsy

• Tri Powered
  • Mood: Always happy
  • Car: 2008 Z06 Jetstream Blue
Yay, brilliant pictures

Offline Camo

• Jethro is my nemesis
  • Administrator
  • Supercharged
All the albums for the event are now on your website here https://nswcorvettes.com.au/clubpicture.htm

Sorry for the delay.  There was quite a few to go through and sort into their respective albums.  Enjoy :hi:

Offline Jethro

• Camo's nemesis
  • Supercharged
  • The Lone Ranger
  • Car: 1969 Corvette Roadster
Thanks for sharing :) looks like another great event, nice work to all that contribute to making these events so well run  :thumb: