Author Topic: Reversing Lights  (Read 6934 times)

Offline AB_in_AUS

• Two Barrel
  • I'm new here
Reversing Lights
« on: March 27, 2016, 08:37:39 PM »
I have a 79 and for ADR compliance I have re-wired the indicators to come through the reversing lights and changed the lenses to orange. I was thinking of fitting an extra reversing light and was wondering what others have done. Suggestions and pic greatly appreciated.

Offline Scott

• Tri Powered
  • Shed Dweller
Re: Reversing Lights
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 08:58:02 AM »
I installed a Narva led strip above the number plate.  Lights things up pretty well. 

http://nswcorvettes.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,6964.48.html

Offline AB_in_AUS

• Two Barrel
  • I'm new here
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2016, 10:58:25 AM »
thx, alan

Offline AB_in_AUS

• Two Barrel
  • I'm new here
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2016, 05:34:37 PM »
hi Guys,

Just thought I'd share where I finished up. I ended up using High Power 3535 Chip 1157 Switchback LED Turn Signal Light Bulbs which I found on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/191482522785

From the single bulb you get an amber light and a white light depending on what circuit is activated.

I replaced the original reversing light socket with two Corvette Original Drivers Side LH Taillight Brake Lamp Repair Sockets, connected the yellow wire to the relevant indicator wire and the brown wires to the revering light wire.  I had to slightly modify the socket to fit the reversing light lense.

To modify the lenses, I cut the reversing light lense on the seam were the lense and back joined with a jig on a band saw. I painted out the red part of the lense with silver paint and then re-glued the two haves. They look completely stock in daylight.

Works a treat!!!