Author Topic: Future Corvette  (Read 4885 times)

Offline N/A

• Two Barrel
Future Corvette
« on: March 25, 2016, 01:45:14 AM »
Good day fellow Corvette enthusiasts,

I think it might be some time before i can buy my next Corvette. But if i start my research now, i'll be ready to pull the trigger when i find something i like.

What do you think the final price in AUD would be to buy a $55,000 USD Corvette in the US and have it shipped and on the road in Australia?. My initial thoughts are with the current US to AUD exchange rate, is that i wouldn't have much change left over with $100,000 AUD . Can any one provide a break down of the costs involved and even maybe some of the shipping procedure.

Offline Jethro

• Camo's nemesis
  • Supercharged
  • The Lone Ranger
  • Car: 1969 Corvette Roadster
Re: Future Corvette
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2016, 08:11:24 AM »
Sorry this really doesn't answer your question......
What exactly are your looking for, i.e. model, version, options ? I'd seriously be exhausting all options of purchasing one locally before I'd venture aboard.

Offline rosco

• Four Barrel
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2016, 02:15:52 PM »
bit more info c1 to c7 big differance in cost to final out come of on the road.

Rosco

Offline 69CVET

• Tri Powered
  • Mood: Big Block
  • Car: 1972 Big Block 4 Speed
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2016, 06:43:15 PM »
Shipping door to door + GST etc will set you back approx $10k depending on what you disclose.
Depending on the condition to make it road worthy ....well how long is a piece of string and how big is your wallet.

I have brought in 3 cars last 18 months and purchased 2 locally ...much easier and cheaper when they are in Oz !

Offline Jethro

• Camo's nemesis
  • Supercharged
  • The Lone Ranger
  • Car: 1969 Corvette Roadster
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2016, 12:17:45 AM »
Shipping door to door + GST etc will set you back approx $10k depending on what you disclose.
Depending on the condition to make it road worthy ....well how long is a piece of string and how big is your wallet.

I have brought in 3 cars last 18 months and purchased 2 locally ...much easier and cheaper when they are in Oz !

And thats what I'm saying, plus you get to check in person what some fook wit is poetantially selling ya :)