Author Topic: Right to Left Conversion  (Read 18302 times)

Offline gtc

• Supercharged
  • Car: 1970 454 Manual
Re: Right to Left Conversion
« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2016, 08:12:30 PM »
Suppose it won't hurt to ask for it!!!

As those of us who have dealt with RTA and DOTARS over the years will know, verbal assurances about imported vehicles can mean zilch. Oftentimes what you get told depends on who answers the phone at the time you call. I have been given polar opposite opinions by two people in the same office in DOTARS on different days.

Printed documents are king. My motto in such matters is: Get it in writing and on their letterhead.
It's C3 chromie for me, see? Si!

Offline 70vette

• Four Barrel
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2016, 10:44:14 AM »
As those of us who have dealt with RTA and DOTARS over the years will know, verbal assurances about imported vehicles can mean zilch. Oftentimes what you get told depends on who answers the phone at the time you call. I have been given polar opposite opinions by two people in the same office in DOTARS on different days.

Printed documents are king. My motto in such matters is: Get it in writing and on their letterhead.
What you say is correct but I do have an email with the guys name and where it was sent from so I am quite confident from that perspective!!
Losers always try their best. Winners get the girl.

Offline 69VETTE

• Supercharged
  • When a C3 is not Enough! - Try A C4
  • Mood: Get Jiggy Wit It
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2016, 02:33:38 PM »

70 Vette,  I had a dealing with the guys from Dept of Infrastructure and they got my import document out to me in a few weeks. Tho its in my name and not the original document from when the car was brought in..

At the end of the day, thats all the RMS wants to see if it is legitimate ... don't stress
Live life to the fullest...drive a Corvette

Offline 70vette

• Four Barrel
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2016, 03:25:48 PM »
The Dept of infrastructure has already stated to me that they will send me a letter stating what the conditions of the importation were at the time.
They just said that they could not give me the original Import Approval as it was not applied for in my name at the time and seeing the guy that I shared the container with, applied for the Import Approval for my car and his has now passed on, then that's the best I could hope for at this moment.

I have asked the RMS if they could supply me with a copy. No reply as yet.
After the email that I have from the RMS stating that they have no issue with the conversion, I'm confident that there won't be a problem.
Losers always try their best. Winners get the girl.